Forcing Hermi

Thank you soo much lou lou and mungas. both very helpful

lou lou - interesting to hear u r trying it with skunk#1 because im going to try it with special skunk.....both being of the skunk variety i hope they share more than just a name an a common ancestor.

If i get my way next years grow will be for seeds only and not for smoke-o so i will try the silver technique.

Until then i want to try the aspirin technique and the mysterious white powder customs just had to get there nose into technique lol in separate tents so there is no funny results.

I don't know if the name similarity really means anything in terms of genetic legacy... but in your favour is the fact that the mother hermied (for what ever reason) and the propensity is generally inherited.

It takes years for an individual to achieve the proper plant hormone manipulation to get 100% female XX seed.

Unfortunately Google doesn't filter out the information that is erroneous in it's claims... makes it hard to tell the shit from the clay sometimes.

All the best with the feminising tests.

You are soooo right Lou. I've been researching this topic for weeks on the net. There was even a suggestion that banana skins heaped around the top of the pots can emit ethanol which supposedly can bring on herm! My searching led me to these forums. The most quoted was GA3, colloidal silver & manipulation of photoperiod. Shit from clay is hard to separate! Once my babes are big enough to clone from I can then do a proper analysis with same strain, different applications balanced with a control. I hope to report on this forum the results so more people can feminize thier own strains & life will be happy!

In the past, dicking with the lighting or repeatedly green stick fracturing the meristem has worked a treat, but the skunk#1 fem I have just doesn't want to do it.

It's the plants you can't get to sex reverse with stress you want to make fem seeds from.

From my experience breeding, the conclusion I've come to is, the genetics that cause sex reversal (this is different to a true hermi) are different genes to the sex genes. Sex determination in cannabis is a bit more complicated than just X and Y chromosomes.

If you make feminised seed from plants you can reverse with stress, any seeds you make will also carry the genes that allow sex reversal from stress. This increases the chance that they will revers sex when you don't want them too.

If you use plants to breed from that no matter how much you stress them, they just won't reverse, then you are breeding from plants that don't have the genes that cause sex reversal. Getting offspring from these plants that reverse under stress is exceedingly rare from my experience.

There is a few different ways to get plants to reverse as others have already mentioned. I'd advise using STS. It is the simplest and most reliable imo.

Peace MM

"When you have a seed with just X chromosomes, you are certain this seed will grow into a plant that is genetically female. To achieve the XX only plant: a female plant is forced by a hormone called Gibberellic Acid to produce male flowers, the pollen created contains only X chromosomes, when you offer this pollen to another female plant you can be absolutely certain to get seeds which are 100% XX. Once again this seed is called FEMALE SEED. Gibberellic Acid can be found in online. It takes years for an individual to achieve the proper plant hormone manipulation to get 100% female XX seed. Supplies therefore fluctuate and there are many different strains available worldwide."

I agree with Lou Lou. That information isn't even worth the paper it's written on. Oh hang on....it's not on paper lol

lol

Peace MM

Amazing the info this site contains!!! By using the search function at the top of the screen & typing in keywords like "hermies", "how to induce hermies", "colloidal silver" & "gibberellic acid" has brought up some older threads from user Shrooms & SukonmiSkunk. Bloody fascinating!!! Check it out - the info's a coupla years old but must still be viable.