Forcing Hermi

I hope this is the right place for this question, we'll find out soon enough.

I need to force one of my plants to hermi....long story short back in 08 i grew some special skunk, it turned out fkn great and was also hermi....so i got a bag full of feminized special skunk seeds....what a treat. Now the bag is running low, and i need a top up....sooo....how the hell do u force a plant to hermi ?

I'm aware that stress contributes...as does over pruning and "run-dry" in a dwc system (which is what i run, dwc)

I hope this is the right place for this question, we'll find out soon enough.

I need to force one of my plants to hermi....long story short back in 08 i grew some special skunk, it turned out fkn great and was also hermi....so i got a bag full of feminized special skunk seeds....what a treat. Now the bag is running low, and i need a top up....sooo....how the hell do u force a plant to hermi ?

I'm aware that stress contributes...as does over pruning and "run-dry" in a dwc system (which is what i run, dwc)

easiest way is to buy or make your own CS (colloid silver), you can get this stuff over ebay or from hydroponic stores (my local one has some) it's dissolved silver (99.999%) in water. this stresses the plant and causes the release of male hormones which create male flowers. you spray it once or twice a day for the first 2 weeks of flowering period i believe. you can also use other chemicals like STS (google for more info i'm not 100% sure) and you can do it less accurately by stressing the plant with screwing up the light regime, ph etc, those these aren't as easy to control as CS. hope that helps mate. give it a google and you'll get very accurate plans on how to make simple home made CS making set ups (water, silver, 9v battery). hope that helps lol

easiest way is to buy or make your own CS (colloid silver), you can get this stuff over ebay or from hydroponic stores (my local one has some) it's dissolved silver (99.999%) in water. this stresses the plant and causes the release of male hormones which create male flowers. you spray it once or twice a day for the first 2 weeks of flowering period i believe. you can also use other chemicals like STS (google for more info i'm not 100% sure) and you can do it less accurately by stressing the plant with screwing up the light regime, ph etc, those these aren't as easy to control as CS. hope that helps mate. give it a google and you'll get very accurate plans on how to make simple home made CS making set ups (water, silver, 9v battery). hope that helps lol

yes, i know about this, but it makes the plant a write-off in smoking terms....and i do want to replicate what happened in 08.....it will be my last resort if i cant get any other way to succeed....also, i am very well educated in the electrolysis process.....can anyone say they have $15,000 of platinum in there workshop ?? didnt think so lol

9v battery dosnt have enough current.....maybe i might try 16v and pray it pulls more than an 600mA B)

lol immiscible... thanks for the chuckle TD.

light stress, silver preps, controlled force, aspirin... there are a few ways to get her to push pollen out. If the mother was a hermie to begin with, it shouldn't be too difficult to get her offspring to follow suit.

Edited by lou lou

There is a hormone available called "gibberellic acid". it is naturally occurring and, in the right doses, will cause male flowering on female plants. i got some from RareExoticSeeds in Canada. It is harmless to us...in fact they use it to produce seedless grapes! Google it & you'll find it amazing. It cost me about $50 for 10g. Customs checked it right out....something about a whitish powder in little bags drew their attention lol

There is a hormone available called "gibberellic acid". it is naturally occurring and, in the right doses, will cause male flowering on female plants.

Gibberellic acid is still used to produced seedless vine fruits and as a setter for citrus crosses, but it doesn't have much application in cannabis breeding... replaced a decade ago, by the less toxic and more reliable, STS (silver theosulphate, a compound of silver nitrate and sodium theosulphate).

Back to the aspirin TD, you'll need to experiment with your system as the guy that introduced me to the technique worked in soil. He was dissolving 2 aspirin in a US gallon of water and using it for 3 consecutive waterings... that's about nine days worth of exposure to aspirin. If you don't see pollen bearing flowers within a couple of weeks, repeat the treatment, slightly stronger. Best to start as soon as you have pistils clustering into mini buds... it takes a few weeks so starting early means the opportunity to treat twice if necessary.

In the past, dicking with the lighting or repeatedly green stick fracturing the meristem has worked a treat, but the skunk#1 fem I have just doesn't want to do it. I've been moving some small clones between flowering conditions and vegging conditions for nearly 6 weeks and still no show, so I'm about to hit them with the aspirin... will let you know the result.

best of luck, lou.

"When you have a seed with just X chromosomes, you are certain this seed will grow into a plant that is genetically female. To achieve the XX only plant: a female plant is forced by a hormone called Gibberellic Acid to produce male flowers, the pollen created contains only X chromosomes, when you offer this pollen to another female plant you can be absolutely certain to get seeds which are 100% XX. Once again this seed is called FEMALE SEED. Gibberellic Acid can be found in online. It takes years for an individual to achieve the proper plant hormone manipulation to get 100% female XX seed. Supplies therefore fluctuate and there are many different strains available worldwide." This was lifted off the internet site "Marijuana Seeds Cannabis". Googling "gibberellic acid and cannabis" revealed 4,700 references to GA & hermaphrodism.....just another suggestion!