What is the best recipe for cannabis butter?

Gday CCM

mate to tell you the truth I like to use the "kiss" priciple ( keep it simple silly) no insult intended.

Honestly this is dead simple and anyone can do it.

1 pot big enought to fit all ingredients into.

250g to 300g of butter

.5 to 1 oz of weed depending on how strong you want it

1 sieve to sieve out the weed.

1 Pyrex container

1 Get pot put water in it and bring to a simmer, place butter into pot and melt butter.

2 Put weed into pot and simmer for about 2- 3 hours, (weed doesn't need to be chopped up and don't stick stem in there as there is bugger all TH and C in it).

3 After it has been cooked for the 2-3 hours and while the mix is still hot pour mix through Sieve so the the weed is in the sieve and the butter/water mix is into another container(pyrex), pour boiling water over the sieved weed to get the remaining butter into the container and if you can wring out the remaining weed when its a bit cooler to get the last bit out.

4 Throw spent weed away .

5 once the container with the water/butter mix has cooled place into the fridge to cool and solidify, this can take a while so its best to leave it over night.

6 scrape off all the yummy light green butter and throw away all the brown crappy coloured water.

Now you have 250-300 g of THC laced butter to mix with your favorate cookie mix

Personaly I like the chock chip mix but the anzac cookie mix is good to.

Be carefull though as I found out this can produce some killer cookies .

Enjoy

FWF

Apologies for the minor grave dig, but I'm all excited being a noob to the site

Franklin's method is the best one going

One thing though

I don't believe you should ever use bud for butter - it's a waste

(Unless of course you can't smoke it for some reason)

If you're growing half way decent bud and use good trimming techniques

The leaf that you usually throw out is glistening with THC

But it smokes up like horse turds

A harvest of 6 oscars of high quality bud (dried)

Should produce enough leaf for some killer butter

(Get rid of the crap leaves and stem as he says)

And don't use low fat butter - it's the fat that bonds to the THC

And as he says, be careful - this shit will knock your socks off

And it's dangerous because used in a recipe, it tastes so nice you swear it can't be that strong

Always wait an hour before deciding that you haven't eaten enough

Otherwise you'll have just finished that last cookie when your mouth goes all dry

Your heart rate goes all funny and you start to sweat

If this happens - hold on - normality will be resumed at a much later date

Double butter chocolate cake...mmmmm

My method is similar to above, just slower....

1lb butter, 1lb dry rough chopped leaf

Chuck it all in a crockpot and cover with enuff water to simmer for 8 hrs, about 3/4 full

Simmer 8 hrs, top water up to same, let go for night...

After say 16-18 hrs, turn off, cool for an hour as pour into a pillow case in a big pot. sparge (run boiling water thru)with a litre of water, wring the fuck out of it. the ladies among us might want gloves, it`s seriously hot.

By same time next day, you got a nice whack of butter set on top of water.

The long slow cook is worth it, tried shorter but not as good... 24-30 hrs of slow simmering is the witches tits, but I cbf checking the waterline that often, 16hrs is the sweet spot for me between quality and convenience...

Always noticed outdoor cabbage is better than indoor too...maybe the extra bugs and stuff :whistle:

JAIKAI

Some good recipes here. Thanks!

The only thing I don't like about cannabutter is it's tendency to go rancid. How do you guys store it for the longer term?

we've moved in to making cannula oil here - same principal but it keeps forever if it's stored well.

Butter has it's benefits though, so I'd love to hear storage ideas.

Some good recipes here. Thanks!

The only thing I don't like about cannabutter is it's tendency to go rancid. How do you guys store it for the longer term?

we've moved in to making cannula oil here - same principal but it keeps forever if it's stored well.

Butter has it's benefits though, so I'd love to hear storage ideas.

I have kept butter in the freezer for about four months. They say it will keep frozen for 6 months but I reckon 4 is enough. :thumbsup:

Personally I have tried multiple methods and the one I have found to be easily the best and most simple is

Get your butter, put it in a saucepan, melt it on a very low heat

throw in your Michael Bubles chopped finely

Get the butter to a very low simmer, little bubbles just crack the surface

stir every 10 minutes. Cook for around an hour if only doing a bit of butter like 150g worth otherwise if making a large quantity, simmer it for 2.

Strain and put in container in fridge, set, use.

Gets you seriously b--lazed

Cheers

Scraps

Hi all,

Interest Scraps, I ain't heard this one before :scratchin:Might have to try it.

I personally use the water and butter method. My missus has a BBQ with a gas ring on one end. I take the BBQ out into the back yard, where the smell disapates in the wind, with a bigass soup pot full of water and boil it away topping up the water and boiling it again and again. I then strain it through curtain netting and squeeze the shit out of it.

And it is advisable to use gloves. I used woolen with rubber gloves over the top.

Make sure the container you put the butter in does not have a wide top as when it cools the butter will be too thin to remove easily. My first attempt I used a huge mixing bowl and the layer of butter was very thin, next time around I rendered the mix down to where there wasn't as much water and used a saucepan to collect the butter before putting it in the fridge to set. Much easier to get the butter out in blocks than slivers. As for storage, an icecream container in the freezer, I don't know about timing, it never last long enough thats my problem :stunned: . I'm a big fan of chocy biscuits, but they need a teaspoon of peppermint essence to kill that leafy taste:thisbig:

Just some Advise

Merl1n