Anyone know how long it takes to post stuff from America?

Getting vaguely worried but probably only because that's just the kind of guy I am.

Had a bong shipped from the states via USPS airmail. I can track it on the USPS site.

Into Foreign Customs, June 27, 2010, AUSTRALIA

Arrived Abroad, June 27, 2010, AUSTRALIA

International Dispatch, June 22, 2010, CA (USPS)

So basically it's been 8 days, and this is the 4th day it'd be in customs.

Just wondering how long everyone else's packages from overseas took and if they tracked it in this manner and saw it get held up or anything like that.

Edited by waterfords

hi waterfords, i get heaps of stuff from the states and it usaully takes around 10 days!! i just returned from holland and posted back a few parcels and the took 12 days and sat in customs for 3 days!! remember they scrutinise most parcels especially from suspect countries eg usa etc.(dont ya watch border security??:D) dont stress ,if the tracking says in customs it means its in oz so it shouldnt take much longer!! I tracked all my parcels as well and it was pissin me off watching my parcels sit in sorting and customs too, when all i wanted to do was rip'em open!! did ya get a nice bong like a RooR or something??? I just use offyatree.com.au for all my needs it only takes 5 days at most and never had aproblem with them!! Happing bonging!! :bongon:

yea i wouldn't stress mate, customs go through everything and just imagine how much comes through our borders in a day! customs also check anything that could contain drugs and parcels "could" contain drugs so as mentioned they scrutinies everything. as far as i know a bong is legal until you start using to smoke weed through it, up until then its classified a tobacco pipe and is totally legal to own. Id be more worried about it arriving broken then customs seizing it. Its lucky they sent it via international courier and you have the ability to track it! im also in the market for a high end pipe do u mind me asking where u got it? pm me if its an issue to post the link on the site.

Have a good one and don't stress its coming!

yea i wouldn't stress mate, customs go through everything and just imagine how much comes through our borders in a day! customs also check anything that could contain drugs and parcels "could" contain drugs so as mentioned they scrutinies everything. as far as i know a bong is legal until you start using to smoke weed through it, up until then its classified a tobacco pipe and is totally legal to own. Id be more worried about it arriving broken then customs seizing it. Its lucky they sent it via international courier and you have the ability to track it! im also in the market for a high end pipe do u mind me asking where u got it? pm me if its an issue to post the link on the site.

Have a good one and don't stress its coming!

I was in the same situation recently, my "suspicious" looking/smelling BRAND NEW hookah and shisha package from America took them 5 days to search and release from quarantine/customs with no damage, charges or other problems.

So apart from a small delay and some quarantine information literature and stickers being on my package all is well.

Edited by shirt

I was in the same situation recently, my "suspicious" looking/smelling BRAND NEW hookah and shisha package from America took them 5 days to search and release from quarantine/customs with no damage, charges or other problems.

So apart from a small delay and some quarantine information literature and stickers being on my package all is well.

You do know they'll heavily tax all future shipments of Shisha? I went through that and gave the hookah up after getting a bill for sever hundred "tobacco tax" even though most of the weight was flavoring and glycerin ^_^

I'm getting a tornado electronic personal vape or elec cig, you can get all the hookah flavors and whatever strength of nicotine you like from 0mg to 36mg, they can't tax those because there's no tobacco content ^_^

You do know they'll heavily tax all future shipments of Shisha)

I was worried about that, however it was only 2 50gram gift packets making a small amount of my total order,

with tax rates of $400+/kg & GST and 5% duty it is something you want to avoid.... considering the local price online is $16 per pack which begs the question how did the local peeps import it to sell at their price?

Edited by shirt

Hey guys Im sorta in the same boat now, i decided to buy a decent pipe and ended up choosing a Manifest glass works custom fire and ice with an 8arm tree and diffuser stem! Got it from ChicoKush.com and those guys seem grate and helpful too.

I know that customs will of course have a sticky beak at it and prob rip a bud through it grown from all our lost seeds just to make sure it passes, Reading this thread that can take anywhere from 3-10 days

CK sent me the tracking number which is cool and i can see that it left the USA on the 18th of July via the USPS tracking site but i don't know what to do now? do i keep going to the USPS tracking sight to follow it or do i go to the Aussie post site to track it? Never orderd something from the states that needed a tracking number.