Chev's set-up

Chev

pipeman,

The way my intake is set-up, the air gets sucked in and creates a nice pull, so my plants get plenty of breeze! The growth on the plants happened virtually overnight!! I finished pruning, tipping and tying last night.

cool. I feel a little inadequate, everyone on this site seems to do great on their first grow whereas I couldn't take two steps without falling on my face lol

Hey chev, why don't you chime in on one of my threads and teach me how to grow properly. lol

those plants will yield a couple of ounces each easy I reckon...

cool. I feel a little inadequate, everyone on this site seems to do great on their first grow whereas I couldn't take two steps without falling on my face

I'm only 2 and a bit weeks into it, so I'll wait until harvest b4 I say I did great!! Seriously though, I've been researching for at least 12 months b4 I did anything. The key is to be open minded, and willing to try different things without going overboard in the process! I'm sure yours wasn't that bad! I haven't tried your thread there, but I will 2day. Thanx for the advice!

As to the breeze thing, I read in a couple of different sites that a passive intake should be bigger than your exhaust. That didn't make much sense to me, coz I use a 250mm bathroom exhaust I wasn't gonna fuck around putting huge holes in the wardrobe, so I figured 5 25mm round holes bored along the very bottom of the outside, and then 5 holes in the inside of the wardrobe along the floor would be plenty of oxygen, and at the same time create a decent breeze for the plants. It works a treat too. Fuck it, I'll get some pics and post em' 4 ya. Might be a little while before I'm back. Ciao! lol

looks OK to me. The way to tell if you have enough passive intakes IMO is to listen to your extraction fans when you close the doors.

When your doors are open they are buzzing away happily. If when you close the doors you hear the fans noise lower a lot in pitch and they are starting to slow down and struggle you probably need more intakes.

Personally I got two 80mm holes that I drilled with a hole saw in the bottom of my cabinet which has a 200mm bathroom exhaust at the top. You can hear the fan slow down a bit when the doors are closed but its been working OK like that for over 6 months now.