High Finance

:applause:

Thanx for the heads up Jabez,

Very unlikely I would have caught this one ... but I will try and remember now :scratchin:

SO ... Foreign Correspondant , Tuesday @ whatever time it's on , 8:30-11:30pm somewhere I guess.

Lets hope whoever is arguing the positive does a good job , I see a trend of prohibition rising here atm.

Cheerz ... and Stay Tuned :thumbsup:

Thanks for posting would have missed it otherwise...

Read the background on the FC ABC website and noted that they have Dr Robert DuPont speaking in favor of prohibition. Not surprised!

Dr. DuPont, born 1936, is from the infamous DuPont family that started the US's second largest chemical manufacturer.

DuPont has a long history of anti-hemp lobbying. In 1938, DuPont patented nylon and deemed hemp to be its major market competition. The hemp industry was criminalized that very year.

Dr. Robert DuPont, psychiatrist, carries the anti-cannabis flag for the family; this time with regard to big pharma which has a vested interest in maintaining its market share of pharmaceuticals. The Med MJ movement in the US is presenting a big challenge to big pharma because it is hard to make a commodity out of plant which one can grow.

The big seller of the Med MJ movement is the potential revenue from taxation - around $2 billion in California a year. Money talks as is probably the best position for making a case in other states and countries. I feel that governments do not value the personal benefits that people with chronic conditions receive from having cannabis available for medicinal purposes. Its only when they see the dollar signs of regulating cannabis cultivation and trade will they consider it as an alternative to promoting big pharma and the so-called war on drugs.

TX

"First it was the Terminator, now it's the Germinator - Californians are in a fierce debate about whether to legalise marijuana in order to help their state stave off bankruptcy."

I thought it was already legal there, but anyway might be worth a look.

tfac

sorry for putting this in Aussie news.

Edited by tfac

the best part of the report for me was when the dispensary worker was showing the reporter a fridge full of edibles.

Dispensary worker: "We have tinctures...truffles...a large range of baked goods..."

Reporter: "What are those orange things down the bottom?"

Dispensary worker: "They're carrots."

Fuckin classic