Attempting a Green Dragon

Gday,

First time poster here. I've decided recently that I want to attempt to make a green dragon. So I have a few questions to anyone who has made GD before. I've been doing some research around the internet for recipes etc, and have decided to go with the non-heated meathod. This is to keep it simple, for the first time, and because I live at home, so don't want any cooking smells wafting around the house.

After browsing throught the bottle shop. I have found 2 spirits that I potentially use. First is Bacardi 151, at 80% abv. The other I found was a polish rectified spirit, at 95% abv. Is there anything wrong with using the polish rectified spirit, or is 151 the go?

As for how much weed to add to how much spirit, I am planning to use 1/4th oz of pretty good bud. Any suggestions as to how much spirit I should put this into? I was thinking 1g/60mL, which works out to be 1/4th oz in 420mL (heh).

For smoking, I estimate a single dose for myself is about .25g. Will a single dose of Green Dragon require more, or less weed? After following the above proportions, I was going to trial 15mL as a dose, which would have ~1 std drink of alc and .25g weed.

I plan to try the first dose after 2 weeks of soaking. I will post up results of how it goes. :)

Cheers for the help,

Tim

Edited by TimmyT

What exactly is 'Green Dragon'?

I'm guessing its an alcoholic cannabis tincture.

I think if you are aiming at getting the THC into the spirits, go for the highest percentage alcohol you can.

First thing, make sure not to get "80 proof" and "80% by volume" mixed up. Just checking :wacko:

Dice up the pot realllllly well :) Put in the bottle and shake, store away from sunlight.

Let it sit for a few weeks and shake it everytime you walk past before you clean the solids.

Then filter it through a cotton t-shirt to get the solids out (you can smoke these if they are dried and look okay). A funnel packed with cotton buds can be used, but you dont really wanna smoke whats left from that cos it will have bits of cotton wool in it.

Should make you pretty drunk and pretty giggly :peace:

I've done it with whole buds (about 7 grams good hydro) in shop-bought tequila before. Turned it green, then i took the buds out and drank most of it :) It changed colour after about a month, so maybe it doesnt have a long shelf life...

Edited by phreak1987

What exactly is 'Green Dragon'?

I'm guessing its an alcoholic cannabis tincture.

Ah, cheers. I assumed it was commonly known as Green Dragon. Added that to the posts sub-topic, so I don't confuse.

I think if you are aiming at getting the THC into the spirits, go for the highest percentage alcohol you can.

First thing, make sure not to get "80 proof" and "80% by volume" mixed up. Just checking :wacko:

Dice up the pot realllllly well :) Put in the bottle and shake, store away from sunlight.

Let it sit for a few weeks and shake it everytime you walk past before you clean the solids.

Then filter it through a cotton t-shirt to get the solids out (you can smoke these if they are dried and look okay). A funnel packed with cotton buds can be used, but you dont really wanna smoke whats left from that cos it will have bits of cotton wool in it.

Should make you pretty drunk and pretty giggly :peace:

I've done it with whole buds (about 7 grams good hydro) in shop-bought tequila before. Turned it green, then i took the buds out and drank most of it :) It changed colour after about a month, so maybe it doesnt have a long shelf life...

Mad. Did you think the weed was more potent in the alcohol than the same amount of bud smoked?

The 95% abv spirit comes in a 500mL bottle. So I reckon I'll buy that, pour of 80mL, and chuck in my 7g of chopped bud. Then after 2 weeks, I'll try a single 15mL sample (.25g weed) and try and work out what a dose would be.

Edited by TimmyT

:S I just realised I had accidentally been typing 1/8th instead of 1/4th of an oz in the original post.

I'll correct that, I actually intend to add 7g (1/4th oz) into 420mL's of 95% spirit.

I'm sure you all can guess my excuse for such an error :)

As THC only becomes psychoactive when heated I think that you'll end up with a very strong alcohol tincture that tastes like lawn clippings. Once you've strained your mixture give it a try; get drunk; sober up and then heat your bottle of tinctured alcohol (with the lid off) in a saucepan of water. That should do the trick. There's stuff on the Internet about Green Dragon. I looked it up some months ago and gave it a try with some low grade shit I had. I never got anything worthwhile, but I was working with shit. Cooking smells aren't too much to worry about.

Alternatively, you could toast your stuff before soaking - but more smells.

Al.

Decided to start with a trial batch instead. I put 2g bud into 120mL of the 95% polish spirit. In 2 weeks, I'll trial that, and see what happens. If it is not as potent as I hope, I will cook the bud in the oven first next time, to activate the THC. Edited by TimmyT

Here is my report on my sample.

I put 2g of ground up bud into 120mLs of 95% polish rectified spirit. I would shake the jar about twice a day.

I found myself not being able to wait the 2 weeks to try it, and had the first 15mL's after about 5 days in a cup of coffee. Did barely anything to me. I was however relaxed for the whole day, but that could very well have been a psuedo effect. That night, I doubled it and tried 30mL's, and gave it 2 hours to kick in before giving up and going to bed. Again, barely anything.

On the 2 week mark, I decided to give it another go. 75mL's left, me and a friend split it, and poured it into 2 600mL bottles of coke. After about an hour and a half I felt it ever so slightly, my friend claims he was a bit high from it, he would have a much lower tolerance though.

All in all, it was not worth it. Very inefficient compared to smoking. Though, the green bottle of coke looked kinda cool! I will be trying this again, but next time I will cook the bud first to activate the THC.

Cheers,

Tim

Hey TimmyT, cool to see you experimenting with cannabis tincture.

For a good effect you should be using something like 7g of bud to 50mL of alcohol. As far as dosage with this ratio (7:50) I would start at 1mL (diluted in water or smothing so you don't burn your mouth with the alcohol) and work up from there.

THC does not need to be heated to become active. Some people claim that heating will convert THCA into THC (or is it the other way around?) which may increase potency but I haven't really looked into it.

Good luck, and have fun with it!

Naycha :D

I found myself not being able to wait the 2 weeks to try it,

You gotta let it soak for a few months, not weeks, Shaking every couple of days.

I made sure all my green was chopped the same when adding, i wouldnt just shove nugs in there