Only a young fella but I have never

seen or been offered hash for sale.

The best I can get is every few months out of the bottom of the siv grinder.

Bud prices are so high I don't think its viable to import it any more.

Especially when it is in a different drug class to straight marijuana buds.

Cyclone -

I do agree that weed many have been weaker than it is today but as low as they claim i very much doubt it. Growing teqnices, advance nutrient, the advent of hydroponics, HID lighting and seed genetics would only have lead to an upping of the THC level in modern dope but it also brings consistency to the equation. In days gone by fluro lights were the norm with low light output and bad spectrum the plants would have had little chance to develop correctly and as stated before incorrect harvesting time would have a lot to play as well. For such a figure of 3-5% thc to stand there would have needed to be multiple tests carried out on all dope seized over a vast area not just one city as i suspect is the case, i believe that the lowest margin would have been 3-5% not the highest. Its just another way to propaganda against a plant that has lived side by side with mankind for thousands of years, that causes less damage to the body than tobacco or alcohol and was band because Du pont created nylon and nobody would buy their shity plastic rope while hemp was still available . Australia follows suit with team America fuck yeah on everything so it got band hear, near on 80yrs later its still illegal and one of the most easly accesible drugs open to young ppl so has the war on dope won????

Very interesting debate, imo thai or budha as it was called is a stronger smoke in that it was so phsycodelic in effect with a rush of energy.much of the commercial hydro today is a rollercoaster, strong effect , fast come down ,old school was alot more pleasant on comedown .Also I once saw a docco bout Ben Dronkers ,[sensie seeds?] Anyway it showed his breeding op,big buds everywhere! although he explained .To keep potency up he needed to cross with what was a spindly sativa strain that most people would not even bother with.I mean this thing was all stalk .So it comes down to a compromise between yield an potency what do you reckon a commercial grower favours .Another theory I have is the Dutch traditionaly smoked hash made from Indica so have breed more for hash like effects. Apparently landrace pot from around the equator has different cannaboids that make for different effects. Alas in bout the last 10 years it has been harder to come by.....Anyway time to go .

Elmer

Edited by Elmer Bud

I started smoking in the mid seventies, in the days when a bag of leaf and tip was common. What was not as comon was the quality weed, when you did get dirbin poisen in 77 we called it triping grass and that was its effect. When we did get the quality thai sticks tied with twine you again got ripped but this was intermittent with lower quality so you didn't allways get as stoned. Pot was a bit harder to get so people were not as fussy Some of the best pot I smoked was a white strain back in the late seventies called Queensland heads. The quality or potency hasn't changed its just that it is always quality pot that is being busted. The old landrace strains had a lot of breeding put into them and potency was always there it was just not as common

THC levels are higher in hydro but the range of cannabinoids arent as wide. I was watching a study where they gave people a mix of THC and cannabinoids and then 100% THC, in the end the best one was the THC / cannabinoid mix. Ultimately what it meant was, hydro is stronger, but not as good in its range of cannabinoids. Bush has a wider range of cannabinoids and is usually higher quality than hydro. so now that people have been forced indoors, the government is actually the ones creating the stronger hydro, because people will do it anyway regardless of what the law says.

Of course there will always be people wanting to grow hydro, but I will always dream of the day I can have a nice big sunny backyard with some nice big healthy plants growing in it.

And if the govt. wants to try push "the weed is stronger today than it was in the past" well, they have nobody to blame except themselves.

THC levels are higher in hydro but the range of cannabinoids arent as wide. I was watching a study where they gave people a mix of THC and cannabinoids and then 100% THC, in the end the best one was the THC / cannabinoid mix. Ultimately what it meant was, hydro is stronger, but not as good in its range of cannabinoids. Bush has a wider range of cannabinoids and is usually higher quality than hydro. so now that people have been forced indoors, the government is actually the ones creating the stronger hydro, because people will do it anyway regardless of what the law says.

Of course there will always be people wanting to grow hydro, but I will always dream of the day I can have a nice big sunny backyard with some nice big healthy plants growing in it.

And if the govt. wants to try push "the weed is stronger today than it was in the past" well, they have nobody to blame except themselves.

Dude, I don't want to sound rude but that's just not true..

The make up of cannabinoids in a plant is all down to the genetics, it has nothing to do with whether it was grown indoors or out. I'm smoking master kush which was grown outdoors at the moment and I can tell you it stands up to the hydro going around melbourne and it's been around since at least the 70's. I was also smoking some outdoor haze genetics a while back, which has been around since the 60's and is some of the most potent and long-lasting cannabis I've smoked.

The cannabis today is more consistent, not more potent! People have been smoking potent cannabis strains for at least hundreds of years.

Edited by jabez

.I agree jabez !! This whole controversy surrounding the potency issue is a load of political crap so as to further the governments cause and to create jobs for themselves. There is no doubt that potency was allways there its just it wasn't everywhere. So obviously the more people that are predisposed to mental illness that have access to quality consistantly the more effect it will have. People just need education not brainwashing.

What a load of crap , do you really believe that pot is stronger now i don't think so at all, you can only get so much out of the plant , put it this way in the NT i grew buds with so much resin on them they stick to windows 7in buds thrown at a window and sticking to it , its very hard to get buds to produce resin glands that big indoors , it might be a bit more effort to get plants to grow to 100% but its definitely possible , and who is to say that people couldn't do this 4000 years ago, the plants change all the time Genetics have changed etc but over 4000 years of cultivation used for medicine and people believe only now over the last 20 years it has become so much stronger (rofl )because of Hydro ^^ doubt it hydro is all about trying to mimic outdoors . :thumbsup:

think your hit the nail on the head there bro thumbup.gif thave been breeding wild grains for thousands of years , they useto grow heaps diff say wheat anything, an they just keep the bset ones with big heads on em , an others that have good qualitys, an they just end up with the best of the lot, so defanatly they playd with pot in some way or another a very long time ago, longer then we no of easy

an theres always been strong strains , just not many ,

ive smoked bush bud along time ago , an i find it was stronger , some of it not often , youd be stoned for hours atleast 6 easy , never got that off hydro, not that long anyway,

and its been along time since ive had anything close

Edited by smashed1

Of course strains of today are stronger.

The reasons being:

A) Selective breeding programs.

B ) Advanced growing techniques.

C) Better understanding of plant requirements. (Lighting, nutrient uptakes)

D) The nutrients themselves.

E) Hormons and growth enhancers.

I cant see that the cannabis of today with all the improvement in technology, information and breeding traits could not be of better quality of past times. I mean with lighting advancements alone, certain applications have resulted in higher resin production than alternative lighting on the same strain. Would this alone make it more potent with with the same genetics, just more resin? Something to think about.

Oh btw this is just my humble opinion, because arguing over this on the net is pointless. Unless any of you have hard data to prove or disprove the fact, which you do not, then its all opinion. :)

Edited by UC Learner