Flood and drain

Guest weekprik

Guest weekprik

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if the plant takes anything from the nute mix when in the dark???

can I turn my timer to not pump nutes when its lights go off?? will this hurt it??

Also can I do this with my fan??

or should i just keep them on 15 min feeds every 2 hours as I have been doing,

That seems like a heap of watering weekprik, what medium are you using???? That might be OK for clay balls, but for most mediums you only need to run em like 3 to 6 times a day, and only in the light cycle. So yeah I guess 15min every 2hrs would be fine, but only while the light is on. Start the watering cycle about 30min before the light goes on. They need a bit of dryness or they'll suffocate.

Dunno where your living, but its pretty cold at the moment so running the fan for 15min every hour or two can help give you a bit of heat. But they use fuck all electricity mate, so if its not too cold keep em on.

Guest weekprik

I use clay balls, Hydroton,

I changed it last night and just over night the leafs are showing signs of nute deficiency, so ive changed it back this morning, it seems they must need the water even when sleeping.

I have 1 gallon net pots full of clay balls and they are on 3 feedings per day on 8 hour intervals. Do you think that's not enough! The plants seem happy. I don't think they use nutes 24hrs but they need to keep their roots moist to keep up hydrologic pressure. Edited by Stalwart

Guest weekprik
Week what do you mean are showing signs of nute deficinecy? What signs? I dont think I have seen an overnight deficiency b4......

Umm the leafs were perfect when I done it, but when i got up in the morning they had this umm rusty spotting,

Ive had it before and took a leaf too the hydro shop that smokes pot in the shop :rolleyes:, and He told me about it being a nute problem,

Guest Field_of_Light

week thats weird Ive never seen an overnight problem like that occur...maybe after a few days or a week or so but not overnight...is there the chance you just didnt notice it?

Or its salt buildup from u not flushing?

Guest weekprik

The time I took the leaf to my mate was after I changed the nutes, well the next day there was signs of it, after a few days the leaf dried up??

Flushing?? isnt that done at the end of the grow before harvest??

I dont flush during the grow do I ?? shit hope not havent yet :rolleyes: and my first is almost ready to harvest.