I think I have a problem

:)

I meant that I feed it with the Fish Emulsions every 2nd water, not every second day...I use 1/4 strength of what it says on the packet.

There were a few yellowing leaves at the bottom for a few weeks, but I just wrote that off as the older leaves dying...possibly not the best idea...

My apologies , that's exactly what you said ... I meant to change that number before I posted ;)

and Yep , Overdoing it when they are so young can take it's toll on them ... that's fro sure.

Most (all) average potting mixes have slow release nutrients in them ofc , aswell as the natural nutrients from the the organic (hopefully) materials it is made up of ;) ... even when your growing in an innert medium , like say Perlite or clay balls or somehting that has little to no nutrients in it ... a young plant is treated the same ... only a very small amounts of nutrients are needed or wanted until the plants start getting their "legs" ... so to speak.

So , extra nutrients are barely needed when growing in potting mixes. (The good stuff can go for 2 months at least with nuthing but water yeh).

Going on the advice you've gotten so far you should have a pretty good idea about it ... It often takes a few weeks for plants to fully heal themselves also so checking everyday is not necessarily beneficial to you or the babies ... with a bit of time and just the needed water I'm betting that plant will be thriving in no time at all :yahoo:

Remember too , that there is not going to be much evaporation going on without full sun or High Intesity lights ... that's why ya don have to water everyday. Simple I know and you probably do too but I just wanted to cover all the facts I remember. At least for the sake of other newer growers that may happen to check this page , I'd click this topic , Wouldn't want to appear patronizing tho ... Cool. ;) Don't worry , someone will correct me if i'm wrong.

A tiny dose of Epsom salts in a couple of weeks probably wouldn't hurt , but that's for Magnesium defficiency from memory. Only because I'm beginning to suspect that this is a common defficiency (one of) when using Pre-Fab Potting Mixes , time and more research will tell no doubt. :sick

Best of Luck ... and Happy Growing :toke:

Budman :)

greetnz

she has a problem with the nutrient supply

could be roots or even insect problems

she is taking the nutrients out of the bigger leaves and giving it to the tip

thats why the older leaves are going yellow and will die

give her some plant first aid

switch to folia feeding asap

spray as directed for seedlings

she need some K for shock, liquid kelp or potassium bicarbonate rules

and some worm juice mixed at 100 to 1

keep folia feeding till you sort the nutrient supply problem out

and the older leaves stay green

guidance

:toke:

Sorry to reply again ...

Radic has reminded me of something else ...

A cheap potting mix can be Extra Barky (not woof woof barky , but woodchip style ;))

Heheh , but seriously ... these style mixes sux big time :)

And from my Exp could cause similar problems ... and if that's the case then maybe a transplant into a new medium could (and probably would) help ...

But a slight foilar spray and a little worm wee certainly won't hurt ;)

Just keep it all minimal ... and give the different processes time to work :)

Even if there's a few woodchips and/or Pests to worry about , they are very strong creatures and will generally bounce back given a little time.

Cheerz and Enjoy :yahoo:

:sick

P.s. How are ya going to flower them once they've recovered?

post-37521-1267152008_thumb.jpg

Are they bugs or just natural colour changes?

What is folia feeding? Can you give me a brand name I can find?

And Budman2012, I don't understand your question about flowering....I know she's only small but I think she's already started flowering because I didn't realise exposure to light needed to be timed....

post-37521-1267152193_thumb.jpg

She recently grew these...that's the start of her flowering yeah?

all i will say is listen to Radic...

its not a sulphur def... the very top of the crown turns white with a sulphur def...

its a nitrogen def.. leaves yellowing from the base.. and i would think its because.. as Radic said.. feeding issues..

the most probable cause is poor drainage.. and the roots sitting in stagnant water starving the rootzone of oxygen.. a good way to assist drainage in potted plants.. is to put a layer of gravel.. or rocks at the bottom of the pot..

have you noticed any small black insects flying around when you water.. i think this might be whats causing it to not feed as it should as well.. if so.. start watering from the base.. not from the top of the pot.. and let the soil draw the moisture rather than pouring the water through...

seriously.. suplher deficiency???... i hope i dont have to come out of retirement.. its just a plant.. grow it like any other..

i do not see any bugz in those 2 pix

but keep looking

she is stressed

and right now she is vulnerable to insect attack

keep a keen eye

TLC is a must

folia feeding means to spray the nutrient fertilizers right onto the leaf

totally bypassing the roots system

seen

as the plant can get all she needs from her leaves

if you feed them folia style

buy a bottle of liquid Kelp seaweed

Kelp is very high in potassium K

when a plant is in shock it can use all its available K in less than 1hr

thats why i feel a K spray will help her

it will have a folia spray recommendation printed pon the label

follow those directions

for seedlings, it is usually recommend to mix at 1/2 strength

potassium bicarbonate is the stuff we use to make cakes rise

seen

baking powder, grannies baking soda

thats the stuff,

but!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its cut with corn flower and other yuck tings so dont bother with the kitchen variety

get the best quality agricultural strength potassium bicarbonate form the garden shop

just ask for it

worm juice is compost processed thru a worm farm

worm poo and wee

it a dirty job

someone hafe dowit

imho

it is best to DIY

:yahoo: what did i just say?????

i mean

buy a worm farm and make it your self

or buy some from the garden shops

it sold as a liquid in a bottle like fish emulsion and also in bags as dry pallets

just follow the directions for a folia spray,<----mixed for seedlings

guidance

Ok, so

I've done a bit of research and it turns out she has spider mites :yahoo: I've been using a 100% organic bug spray for edible plants, so they should be gone in no time.

She is also quite nitrogen starved....

Someone I know who works with plants said to cut the dead leaves off so that the new nutrients will be given straight to the newer leaves, instead of trying to fix the old leaves, and feed it a little more that the 1/4 strength fish emulsions that I've been giving it, so I've upped the dose to half reccommended strength every second water.

I also treated her with Epsom Salts just in case, but it didn't really do anything...

Thanks for your help everyone!!

hey mce,

ok the older leaves (yellowed) ones will most likely die off, however you dont really need to snip them yourself let mn take her course,

second what kind of all natural bug repellant are you using?? theres a really good homemade one on the forum, just flick thru and you should be able to find it in no time, repells everything pritty much, stinky as hell, but brilliant, theres a recipie and all, just take a squiz and you should be able to kill those pests.

imho ild be listening to radic, if anyone knows how to fix the plant, its him...listen to his advice and go from there, with the help of everyone on here your girl will be back to health in no time...

but then again...tis your plant, and your girl to grow.

UKA :yahoo: