I think I have a problem

I took these photos this morning...she's looking a bit sick...

I used to water her too much (every 2 days) and she was looking overwatered...now I water every 5-6 days, and use 1/4 strength seasol every second water... EDIT: I use Nature's Way Fish Emulsion, not Seasol

she was looking fine a few days ago, but here are wo photos showing what I mean... :yahoo:

Whoever can help, please help!!!post-37521-1267094264_thumb.jpgpost-37521-1267094382_thumb.jpg

Edited by Miss_Cold_Ember

Seasol is good for trace elements but your wee planty needs real food. If she's outdoors, go down to the supermarket and buy some fish emulsion. Start with a 1/4 of the dose listed for vegetables, increase to 1/2 strength in a week's time.

In light of the fish emulsion not seasol... possibly residual damage from the earlier over watering and pH fluctuation... that will also result in early leaf loss and progressive yellowing, despite available nitrogen.

Edited by lou lou

looks like it needs more intense light.

The lower leaves are looking pretty deprived of light.

JMO, good luck and hopefully it will take off and grow really stong with heaps of massive buds. :yahoo:

I keep her in front of an open window from sunrise, move her to different windows of my house as the sun moves, and then about 15 minutes before sunset, I put her under a flourescent light for a few hours...

do I need more light or different light?

:yahoo:

High there,

Yes ofc overwatering can cause issues ... you seem to have remedied that now tho ...

I've never ever heard of a fluro being "too strong" so I doubt that's an issue (i.e. It's Not) ... keeping the plant under one or 2 (or more) decent Fluro's might prove better than the window sill shifting ;) (They do a good job at raising small plants , even with the low wattage , yep ... even the $5-ish ones))

Not sure about all fish Emulsions but what I am sure of is that a little plant like that doesn't need any more feed than what is in the soil usually ... if it does it's a very minute amount (like 1/16th strength) ... and I'd say that every 2 days is waaay too much ... even Seasol (mild) specifically says on the label to use every 2-3weeks.

(Also , Seasol ; According to the Website - Has a Ph of 12 or so (HIGH) ... so that could become an issue too with excessive use ... not sure about the common Emulsions but same diff. I would think)

So , It could be a few things and I won't try and guess the issue as others may have a better idea ...

The Tops look perfectly healthy so maybe It would be best to just give it a chance to grow a little more , thos yellow bottom leaves will unlikely recover judging from the picture ... don't worry too much tho ...

Just let it grow ...

If you could let us know what medium (soil) your growing in that may help ... It looks like a potting mix so I'd just say to give it ONLY a bit of water (don drown it) when it needs it (the top 3cm can go dry , feel under the surface and if It's still dry a few cm down you can water again , lightly)

every few days should be fine once you get used to it. (if there is a tray underneath it makes it easy to see when it's 'watered through' , water slowly and if the tray ends up filling a few cm , it's too much in my opinion unless sitting in full sun all day ... In Soil you don't want to "flush" the nutrients out unless there is a serious problem with "over-toxicity" for lack of a better term ;) , I hope that that is more helpful than confusing)

Have a bit of a search around the site , and try and get a good idea about how to treat seedlings and small plants ... a minimalist approach is always better , better than killing your plants with kindness :)

Remember that naturally the seeds will fall onto/into the soil and sprout/Grow 6ft by themselves with no problems ... excess is not good for a young plant.

Best of Luck :toke:

Budman :sick

Looks like imo a sulphur deficiency yellow leaves purple stems.

So the best way to treat that would be Epsom Salts?? Also, doesn't that normally start yellowing from the top?

and Budman2012

I meant that I feed it with the Fish Emulsions every 2nd water, not every second day...I use 1/4 strength of what it says on the packet.

There were a few yellowing leaves at the bottom for a few weeks, but I just wrote that off as the older leaves dying...possibly not the best idea...

It's in straight potting mix, no soil added. I discovered that watering tip a few weeks ago, that's where my overwatering problem was coming from. I watered it every time the soil was dry at the top, and so it got really overwatered...

I also flushed it a few times because it was having pH issues, but it's been fine pH for a few weeks now.