So i was forced to top all my plants this morning!

easy done in a large pot

simmer away all day or night if your into the all night missions ive got mates that say cook for 12 to 24 hours, just isnt needed i roll on the floor laughing my tits off 3:1 ration buter cooked for 6 maybe 5hours.

Stewing the leaves does stink the house out a touch more so with stinky bud leaf :blink: and the right equipment helps $10 tall 8 to 9litre pot from Kmart with a thick base saves mums $300 stew pot.

gas or elecy stove on the large burner, with vent ON med to high. every half an hour check on the progres and top up with water because if the water level drops it burns and tastes even worse you may as well start again and a bit of cleaning ahead or -1 pot, low simmer or gentle boil sired often at the start as you add hand fulls of theleaf. With the lid on but cracked open to let the steem out while returning the liquid into the pot. Easily done on a sunday arvo if your not going far and you set the lid up well.

if you dont have time pass it on to someone that can do it for you and bring it back as butter i give what i cant handle away once the freezer is full thats it.

Can you freeze it and wait till you have 8 hours? once youve done it a few times you can refine the process maby make it quicker.

other wise ive always wondered what you would get from this kind of leaf with butane extraction.....

well yesterday while mum was out I got my leaf out of the freezer that i had compressed and extracted all the air out of and gave it a shredding , so it's just a roughly chopped spinach/parsley texture:

post-36943-1266132528_thumb.jpg

mmmm Leaf Loaf

post-36943-1266132571_thumb.jpg

here's what it looked like after it was all chopped:

post-36943-1266132615_thumb.jpg

Then I packed it all back into the zip lock bag and squashed it down into a log, squeezing it tight and removing the air. As i squeesed, all the canna juices started oozing out mmmmmmm

post-36943-1266132692_thumb.jpg

back in the freezer and now it's rock hard again for a final thin shredding before i cook it up, i reckon it's alot easier to slice and shred while it's frozen, it cuts through a lot finer. As i said b4 it's about 200g, it actually looks like spinach...and while i was choppping it, it smelt like fresh cut lawn so it didn't smell that bad at all.

whats funny is that one day at work, i opened the freezer doors and one of the spinach boxes was ripped open with chuncks of spinach on bottom of the freezer door and i totally looked at it and thought wtf...is the a huge chunk of bud!? (of course only for a split second)

I got myself some cheese cloth from the spotlight down the road, dirt cheap too..like $1.30 a meter

Edited by Astro84

Imo u are better of leaving the leaf the way it was, it dosent matter it is chopped for cooking or hash bags from what i have found with the butter making and hash run i have done.

The canna butter i have done a few times and it is true the longer u leave to simmer the more of the thc u will draw out, one thing i like to do before i i do the cook is get the boiler and place weed in and fill with boiling water, let water cool down until cold and then drain off all the water refill with freash water bring to boil add butter then back off to simmer, that way u will get rid of most of the green taste from the weed

well you have enough there for a cake or a batch of cookies. Good to see that your giving it ago.

fresh or best use by date unsalted butter is my first choice.

chopping the leaf isnt really needed but cant harm you may just have to second filter, i do rough chop when making hash just to break down the stem so it doesnt ruin the bags.

Astro84 start looking for a filtering material to sive the leaf from the liquid a cottton shirt works well, put on come rubber gloves and squeeze while hot/warm all you can from the leaf left inside the shirt/ bubble bag.

if you want to go a step further if there is still floaty bits run it through a coffee filter(not really needed) expect to loose a little butter say if you put in 100g at best you will only get 80g back and get an ice cream containers with lids ready the liqiud may not all fit in one tub.

Just keep the water level up and stir when you can so it doesnt bake on to the pot.

heres about 80g left from my last batch, close to 2months old now i need someone to taste test for me just incase the unsalted butter has gone off.

post-5631-1266210189_thumb.jpg

I finished up the cooking and made sure all the windows were open, after 5 hours i got a piece of cheese cloth, folded it over and secured with rubberband, not really needed if you have 2 ppl or maybe some pegs to hold the corners, and poured some nasty green mess into the tupperware, carefully squeezing out all the canna goodness, it's in the fridge now solidifying, hopefully the taste isn't too bad, i'll try a little bit to see if i get any affect from it when it's done

well i gotta say i'm a bit surprised at the results, I never expected it to be such a nice high!, I had some nice chip-chip and raspberry muffins so i sliced one open and put a bit of my butter into it and microwaved to melt the butter, i only used approx the size of a little squeeze of toothpaste, 30 mins later i was recieving a nice dreamy high with no hard hit, progressing slowly over 4 to 5 hours, the taste is not so noticeable which i like, I'll have a go at a recipe of cookies or brownies and work out my ratios, all up a nice