Dog destroyed half my plants :(

I always have bad luck.

I had erected a strong 1.5 meter barrier to keep my two dogs AWAY from the plants!

But the small dog, jumped up over it when I wasn't looking and systematically dug up and destroyed 7 plants, while breaking and severely damaging 4 others.. All within about 20 minutes.

I WENT SPASTIC and lets just say I lost my temper at the dog. The dog was dumped on me (I never asked for it) but now I have got rid of it. I always hated it- I don't like small dogs. Do you guys relate? How angry would you get to see all your hard work and passion destroyed? I am not happy what I did to the dog, I completely lost it, I was screaming in rage like I haven't for many years.. *Somehow* it seems to have escaped without injury. Damn I hate the thing. It shits in my house all the time, wakes me up all the time, gets under my feet constantly. It has no intelligence compared to my lab.

Well my boisterous Labrador seems good when it comes to the plants... It won't violate my fence / barrier. As long as things aren't at ground level, they seem safe.. When I'm placing the pots at ground level in the sun, I will be using chicken wire to make a strong fence.

I have various plants with broken stems which won't hold themselves up anymore. I have used various items etc to hold them up, I am hoping they will survive, but they can't stand on their own.

On a separate note, the first seeds I got were randoms from my 17 year old niece that is trying to grow a plant or two (but she knows nothing about it and her arrogant boyfriend won't listen to advice!)

The first seeds don't seem to be producing very strong plants.

The Sour 60 I ordered online have grown in 24 hours as much as the other seeds grew within about 10 days! The only other differing factor is the soil, which is a different brand.

Anyway if anything I have said above triggers any words of wisdom, please feel free to educate me!

Edited by cybergenesis

sorry to here it mate, i hate dogs on the best of days >:(

mullies are pretty strong plants mate, they might pull through......try making a splint out of a couple sticks and some robbon or something....heck, even duck tape works B) ...... thats bout all ya can do at this stage >:(

well that and turn the dog into slow release fertilizer lol

lol nah, i hope they come good for ya B)

stay cool,

Chron >:( :peace:

yea do what chrono said with the splint , like two toothpick sized splints where the kink is and wrap around ribbon or any material that can breathe cut it thin like a bandage , after a couple of weeks it probably be ok to support itself and you can remove splint, bandage and support stake

as for the f*#!ing dog i would recommend shooting it, the mutt not the lab B)

>:(

as for the f*#!ing dog i would recommend shooting it, the mutt not the lab >:(

Haha, I know the feeling. After many a chewed up plants, my mutt forced me to go indoors. Anything i'd plant weather it be mullies, chilli's etc.. No sooner I turn my back, the mutt would've dug it up 'n chewed shit out of it.. fkn thing..

Depending on your situation, cybergenesis. You might have to consider something similar. B)

>:( thanks for your cool replies.

I mean I am against violence, but i did bash the dog.. Its probably lucky it wasn't seriously injured, but afterward it was fine, no limping or acting as if it was in pain... But I very nearly seriously hurt the annoying little mongrel.

I just lost it. Shit if I am unlucky enough to get busted by the police (unfortunately we have HEAPS of visitors over all the time, and too many people know about it) I will probably go spastic. I'm not sure I could keep my cool if the police came in and ripped off my plant, maybe if they were very polite but if they were arrogant, I wonder if I would get "additional" charges.

This is the first time i have ever grown, and I am determined to do everything in my power as an amateur grower to get these babies going.

I'm ordering 10 more seeds, even knows its totally the wrong time of year... As it approaches winter, I may have to borrow some hydro lights off my brother and move them into the shed or something.

I am hoping to get around 15 females by the end of this, all given as much sunlight and nutrients as is possible. I am even willing to move the 30 pots I will have twice a day to maximize sunlight exposure!

I'm a bit slack, but I'll try and get off my butt and upload some pictures of the damaged plants.. Have already made some supports for them, but don't have much around.. Used a fork for two of them etc, and have loosely tied various things around the support to hold up the plants.

Thank god the mutt didn't destroy my favorite plant- the one that is going the best!

I can understand you getting upset, but beating a little dog like that just isn't cool.

Can you find someone who will care for it properly to give it to? I'm not judging you, but it sounds like this poor little fella has a miserable life. He/she would know how hated they were. Don't take it to the pound - just put an ad in the paper.

All the best with your plants.

Paladin, pretty well wrapped it up in a nutshell. :peace:

That's one of the reasons why I went indoors. It wouldn't have mattered how I disciplined my mutt. I would've still had the same outcome, and put it down to being one of her traits. It was something that I had to adapt to, not her.

But yeah, no doubt with a bit more thought. Something will work out for the better, cybergenesis. >:(

B)

I feel for you cyber and I feel even more sorry for the dog. The little pooch was just trying to get your attention, they have an instinct for knowing how to do that. I'll bet the dog knew this would piss you off. It is not hard to train dogs if you want to put in an hour a day. Labs are easy to train some other dogs take more time. Simple commands with a reward for doing them right are the best way. Hope you can salvage some plants. Hope the dog is ok.

Now this may sound cruel, but it works (from experience)

an electric fence unit that farmers use for stock, >:( lol DO NOT USE MAINS POWER. lol >:(

Mains can kill anything that touches it where the unit gives a jolt.

Place 2-3 plastic tent pegs 3-4 inches high and wind the wire around them making sure they(wire and pegs) are insulated from everything else around ie fences sheds etc again experience as the fences in the 'hood are all steel and i electrified the whole block at first B) :peace: , make sure it is insulated and connect the unit.

The dog only needs to touch it once and it will NEVER do it again.

I left my wire up and removed the unit first, thinking that the dog seeing the wire was enough but even after i had pulled up the dog never went back to that area again. Just one jolt then remove the unit its safer then for everybody

P.S. Don't try to use the unit as security against thieves unless you have signs stating it and follow local regs. You are allowed to use it for animal control, but boy can you get in shit otherwise BE ADVISED >:(

Smoke the dogs >:(

But on a more serious note: Violence breeds Violence :peace:

What would happen if the neighbors kids snapped branches retrieving a ball.....(probably impossible but...)

Not my intention to cast aspersions, glad you had the knackers to admitted what you had done. And can be possible to use your possible feelings of guilt and remorse to think about how to react to similar stressful situations.

And if not.............Smoke the dog B)

Edited by flatcat_auz