EDIT to NSW

If you're into filters, get a carbon filter (just buy the Weedstar brand one for that, it'll be fine). They work amazingly. Smoke is a bit smoother, but the main difference is in how much crap it gets rid of.

Gets rid of most/all of the carcinogens and tar and crap in your bud. Lots of people are skeptical about them but I'm sold on the idea; my bowl and the carbon filter itself are currently a dark shade of brown from smoking many a cone from them, but everywhere after the filter is clean as a whistle. The bong water hasn't been changed in a week and it hardly smells like bong at all. Crystal clear.

And get a diffuser too, makes a big difference smoothness wise.

One more tip, buy the Weedstar "One Hitter" Bowl. Most of the bowls from EDIT are absolutely huge, like in a bad way. Bit tricky to smoke...the one hitter is about the size (maybe a touch bigger) than most Agung style metal/glass cones.

I found with EHLE even the 3.2mm series were sturdy enough, held up better than my mates 7mm Weedstar in fact. Both on the same table, both got knocked at the same time onto the ground, his broke around the joints, the EHLE just bounced. I do get what you mean though, they do look pretty plain. In real life the plainness really works for them though, as they look almost classy-plain.

Ziggy Jackson and his company WeedStar are thieves and produce nothing but cheap chinese knockoffs to the extent of sending photo's of artists work and having the sweat shops turn out poorly made replicas. Pure & AMG while not making direct copies of others work are still shitty chinese glass produced in sweat shops with no concern for worker safety.

Quality glass at the lower end of the price range can be had in the US and Germany from companies like Ehle, Medicali, Lux, US Tubes, SGW, MGW, Zob etc etc who use Schott glass and produce much higher quality work that'll outlast you if you're reasonably careful with them. Sure you may have to spend a little more but it's far better to spend a few more weeks saving for a piece that you'll really like rather than getting one that just gets the job done for a while until it breaks.

Edited by 420Downunder

even for a chinese knockoff im still happy with my blackleaf, and most of the bongs we have including Agung and MWP are made in china anyway. It's the ceramics made in Australia from Agung.

Still you'd be suprised that some decent things can come out of china and times are 'slowly' changing.

But Im not arguing with the bongs you've got mate, or ROOR's they are top of the line.

I'm just a regular joe who takes care of his glassware and doesnt break it.

You could probably hold up a bank with a 7mm ROOR as a club.

my mistake Oz I thought the factory was in china or India?

I thought the original factory was in Indoneisa as with the Name and logo of Mt Agung, but that was closed a while ago I heard.

Correct me if im wrong please im all ears :faint:

Edited by crank

I think ill stick with blackleaf.... airtight, tapered joints, and reasonable glass for a reasonable price... plus some of them look better than weedstar.

http://www.everyonedoesit.com/img/products/black_leaf_double_purc.jpg

http://www.everyonedoesit.com/img/products/coloured_purc.jpg

made my decision :faint: and ordering these two when in stock.

I hope one day this stuff is available in Australia, or even BNT.

Edited by Oz

They'll never be really available in Aus, at least nothing decent because as I was told by the owner of Freewheelin when they were up and running "Aussie stoners are too cheap to spend more than $50 on a bong" and with the exception of a very small percentage he's absolutely correct.

BINGO you hit the head on the nail there. :faint:

thats why MWP are everywhere, they are cheap and most Aussie stoners are tightarses (I bet more than half of the people who smoke own at least one). I spend what I can afford and usually its more than what it costs me for a bag... When I get sick of my shit, i've got a que of my mates in line to pick up a free bong. Now im getting all glass im sticking to all glass and none of it is getting chucked.

Blackleaf would be better sought if ever it was imported in mass amounts, but the problem with that is the shipping, last time I checked the manufacturers/wholesalers only did airmail which makes it very pricy to import in some instances. which would mean less profit for the company selling them which they could easily make more money selling crappy MWP's or waterfalls.

Agung is still the best grommet bongs though.

Edited by crank