Is it possible to stunt a plants growth?

check your flush waters PH and EC before you

flush

if your EC shows something in the water and you dont know what it is

than filter the water first

RO rulez

you only need to correct the ph if below 6ph or above 7.6ph

dont fix it

if is not broke

in most cases you should be fine to just go with what you got.

irey

meanwhile

when the flush is running

clean out all the pumps and pipes and the nutrient solution holding tank

same way

flush with pure water and let it drain to waste

irey

if there is someting that is not clear

just ask

seen

the whole purpose of a flush

is to clean any toxic nutrient salt build up,

out of your pots

seen

flush

exactly like dis

start flush

pore pure water into the top of the pot

fast nuff to completely cover the top of the pot

but too fast

do not let the water over flow the top edges of the pot

seen

let all the flushed water from the bottom of the pot---> drain to waste

which

at first the water draining from the bottom of the pots will be dark colored

this is the salts coming out

seen

now continue

keep poring the water into the top of the pot

until

the water that runs out of the bottom of the pot is--->100%clear <---

irey

when the water that runs out of the bottom of the pot is--->100%clear <---

then stop

the flush is now finished, over

completed correctly

seen

it may take 30min

or 3hrz

to complete each flush for each pot

seen

next

start with a fresh made solution made at 1/2 your usual strength for the first feed after the flush all day

then the next day mix a fresh nutrient solution to usual strength for their age and stage of growth

they should be right with that solution

till next week

well

most plans recommend that you flush every week

check your nutrient bottle label for your flush timetable

but even then remember

that is just a guide for most plants

yet

every plant is different

irey guidance

I vaguely remember that you are from Perth, I also live over here and you will have to use some ph down in your rinse water, when you have taken your ph down to 6 then go as Radic has suggested.

Havent had a bad run with PH levels of late but that depends on what area you live in too i guess. Most of the time after all nutes done ph reading at 6.5 so put in bout 1ml of ph down brings it to 6.2 or 6.3. As I said earlier, running ph here between 5.8 and 6.5. what do you run yours at gills??

I grow in coco, my ph is around the 5.8 to 6.

Went to my hydro shop today and asked these guys a few questions (very good these guys) and I reckon according to a chart izzy pulled out, we may need to recalibrate our ph and cf meters. Havent done so regularly but reckon we are gonna start doing so every month? maybe every coupla weeks.....maybe the range we "think" we are growing in is inaccurate. All the signs are saying that the roots are not able to pick up the nutes. We may be too high or too low depending on how our meters are working.

Personally I dont like too much info coz ya start getting confused at which bit of info to use at our level of growing so which is why I value the input you guys are putting in....

well guys, thanks all for your input but its now official, my plants are now FKD!! So its back to the drawing board and back to basics. going away from northern lights which we have had nothing but trouble with this particular strain ( could be a hereditary prob lem maybe?) and we are picking up a couple of ocean pearl babies in a few days. Romm will be completely stripped out and sterilized, and that equipment and all. I think weare at our 5th try now. But last time we did ocean pearl we got 53oz's dry so we were very happy with that.

So fingers X'd once again....keep ya's posted

Have you considered giving up on the hydroponics? Far less work and ways to go wrong just using pots growing in coco, then you can just feed manually once a day, you'll be laughing.

May not grow as fast and you might get a sightly less of a yield than going with hydroponics, but in my opinion you'll get healther plants and a better quality end product.

Never really seen the point in hydroponics in small home grows, a lot of people would probably disagree with me though.