Is it possible to stunt a plants growth?

Ok, you more experience blokes and bloke-ess'e might be able to help me out here.

Had 2 plants down both growing away nicely (hydro) and growth was really good. I had to rearrange my grow room (ie remove a wall from it for more room) And at the same time i did a nutes change. nothing different, I follow the same process and cf and ph levels every time. Now this particular time, Ive neglected to open my drain return tap in my tank so as a result they were sitting in nutrient for prob close on 48 hours before we realised. Just thought they were really thirsty and sucking up lots of water when we did our daily check until we saw the water on the floor. Thats when the alarm bells sounded in my head and the F word surfaced. I turned off all water 4 24 hours to let it drain really well (perlite/vermiculite mix) before putting nutes back on for 15mins every hour. So Ive potentially drowned them. also gave a bit more oxyplus and nk topup hoping to give it a boost.

My wife also did some pruning and shes wondering if she may have gone a bit hard.

what we are wondering is would any of these things cause our plants to stop growing or stunt them. The growth we are getting now is very small. When I say small, I mean the leaves are not getting big, staying very small. I would post pics but its sorta hard to show in a pic as I have found before that pics can be very deceiving.

Would really appreciate any help you guys and girls can offer. My wife has done a fair bit of growing but not to the level (ie growroom) that we are.

Cheers all

are the leaves twisted at all?

i woulda hit em with water for sure instead of giving em a boost...

the oxyplus will help but i'd use that as a second flush.

your going to have salt build up that needs to be removed with a good flush imo.

and yes too much nutes will/can stunt a plants growth same as too little can make em stretch.

peace

c

greetnz TOC

seen

what has happened will slow tings down a little

till they recover

naworrie

they will recover and take off again soon

just flush and start again

follow the directions of you nutrient plan for flushing

1/2 strength mix for the first day after the flush and top up to full strength the next day

a light K spray will help for any shock sufferance

never spray under full lights.,.,.,,. ever

always spray with lights off and cool

guidance

are the leaves twisted at all?

i woulda hit em with water for sure instead of giving em a boost...

the oxyplus will help but i'd use that as a second flush.

your going to have salt build up that needs to be removed with a good flush imo.

and yes too much nutes will/can stunt a plants growth same as too little can make em stretch.

peace

c

Yeah the leaves are sorta curling under. All very green, no probs there. Checked water that came from pots and measured at 2.5CF and PH at 6.3. The info I had is for ph to be between 5.8 and 6.5? I usually like to try and keep em around the 6 to 6.1. I had thought of the salt build up but when I checked nutes levels they were all good but reading another topic where someone said when in doubt, flush em out?

Just taken some more cuttings to clone as a back up plan. Have already taken 4 a few days ago and appear to be doing ok thus far.

greetnz TOC

seen

what has happened will slow tings down a little

till they recover

naworrie

they will recover and take off again soon

just flush and start again

follow the directions of you nutrient plan for flushing

1/2 strength mix for the first day after the flush and top up to full strength the next day

a light K spray will help for any shock sufferance

never spray under full lights.,.,.,,. ever

always spray with lights off and cool

guidance

Thanks Radic, wish I had you guys confidence, bout ready to pull them out and start again. gonna try what you guys have suggested. Anything is worth a crack at this point. I gotta make these buggers work for me.....

Thanks Radic, wish I had you guys confidence, bout ready to pull them out and start again. gonna try what you guys have suggested.

Hi TOC,

if you do follow these instructions, from radic and friends, IMO your lil ladies will be powering again in 5 days. I just did a similar thing, a f&d table not on enough of an angle to drain properly. So not enough o2 to the roots, and some over nitrification, causing the CLAW (downward leaf curl) and some root damage. So I flushed for a day (for me this involves a weak mix of ph'd nutes, never plain water, but that is just being pedantic)(microbial or a digestive enzyme product can help clear your root zone up quicker), then half strength for a day or two EC 1- 1.2, then back to a normal regime.

I estimate it will put me back about one week and may cost me an oz and a half in yield. So definitely better for you to stick with it, and give lots of TLC. BTW the girls in the story I was just telling, looked bloody horrendous 5 days ago, and now look super, so chin up :(

Your nute dosage seems high but after re-iterating they need a flush i;m gunna step aside at this point and let some more experienced perlite growers advise you.

Oh and the curling under known as the claw or rams horn is too much nitrogen also makes the leaves look really green.

peace

c

yeh i agree with chorus verse, ull be powering on again soon..I double whammied just recently, i o'd with nutes and got the light a bit too close last week and sizzled one of my girls.. so i flushed and shes back on her way..

Imo if u dump these girls and wait for ur clones to reach the stage ur girls are at then u will be even further behind, i reckon theyll come good with the advice already posted.. fc.