Flowering Plants using 10Litres/day nutes

hi all, my plants have been flowering for 3 weeks today.

from week 2 my nutrients tank has gone down 10L/day. no leaks.

i have 2 Misty plants, approx 1.3m(4ft) high, 1.3m(4ft) across. Expanded Clay. both in 20L buckets.

both have 400 HPS. flood n drain setup with feeder rings. 1200L/H pump running 24/7. 1 airater.

using CANNA Flores nutes, Rhizotonic, CANNABOOST, and BudLink.

dunno if it means anything but the roots of both plants have grown all the way to the bottom of the buckets, making a big ball of roots in each bucket. some roots even grew down the run-off hoses and into the tank. my first grow so i dont know if this is normal.

plants look healthy. lots of buds, nice n sticky.

u can see in the pic how many roots there are.

is it normal for plants to use this much nutes or am i gonna have to spend heaps of money on nutes?

post-35054-1259553095_thumb.jpg

yep.. totally normal..

plants are like a water filtration system.. as they transpire.. or sweat.. they draw moisture up from the roots and release it into the atmosphere... you can see this easily by taping a clear plastic bag around a branch of any tree and watch as the water collects.. a handy piece of information if youre stuck out in the bush with NO water...

obviously on a hot day.. the plant will transpire more than on a cool day...

my room has an 8 pot system.. each plant fills a space 2 square feet.. in full bloom at around 6 weeks.. it sucks around 20 liters a day... an enormous amount when you consider that all of that moisture is released through the leaves, hey...

is it normal for plants to use this much nutes?

Only when your grow is kickin arse :toke: those roots look very healthy

some roots even grew down the run-off hoses and into the tank.

Watch them roots blocking the drain lines or you'll go from kickin arse to over watered leaf curl overnight. Do you spin the top pot daily to stop this? ;)

There happy But i'd pull the top pots up and get a friend/ second hand to pull the roots back through the drain holes back into the pots if left drainage to res is reduced mid grow pots can over flow. if they block up totally you'll get floods and waste $$ of nutes all the time.. Some people say cut the roots off at the drain hole but i liked my method when i recirculaed in clay

Only leaf droop i get is when the lights are off or im tapering down feeds in the last week of flower to help get the bulk of the moisture out before the chop. In saying that though some strain have big fans that are always droopy which helps the rain rain run off the plant fast protecting floweres below,