ABC Fora.tv Should all Drugs be Legalised

ohh shit, makes a whole lot more sense now. thanks man.. so wtf is the government waiting for!? they'll rake it in like theres no tomorrow. but then im thinking thats where the problem arises with cannabis; theres no point for the government legalising it, taxing and regulating it if people can grow in their own homes..

its more so because the Pharmaceutical, alcohol and tobacco industries and politicians/criminals (who are currently profiting off of the system) dont want people to be able to grow their own medicine/recreational drug!! imagine how much money all these industries or individuals would stand to lose, not to mention the threat to all the industries that industrial hemp may cripple.

There is a lot of money going around to make sure that pot isnt legalized, from all these places. The only way to achieve our goals is to get the word out there and start a movement, power in numbers, the government cannot deny the people if we have the majority (atleast not for long).

Remember, once someone learns something, they cant unlearn it, and it will factor into every related thought they have from then on. Knowledge is power, Spread the word, etc, etc, allhailthebud!! :bongon:

Edited by Crunchy

exactly, but whats an effective way of spreading the word, i myself want to make changes to these bullshit laws, but what holds me back is the lack of numbers of people.. i continuously talk about the herb to friends and how it can help all those in need and the environment etc. but they are too sucked in by the government and if i try to continue they conclude that i've been smoking 'too much'..

yeh a lot of us can relate sew, best thing to do atm since we dont have a strong group or organisation to represent pot smoking australians, is to educate yourself so you can better convince and re-educate those who you talk to about pot.

My dad used to be entirely anti-pot, and though he still holds a stance against it, he now knows and accepts that legalizing it would be the best thing for society as a whole, only reason he got that far is cos i wiped the floor with him in every debate, to the point where he would jump back and forward between different issues or even get personal cos he couldnt uphold his argument. its not like i tried to humiliate him or anything, i just made him realize that theres no sense is what hes saying and all evidence is to the contrary.

if u wanna educate yourself more just keep up with the news (www.norml.com is good) or watch some of the docos that i posted in a separate thread. (watching videos like the one posted here is also good)

peace,

Crunchy

EDIT: educating yourself and winning social debates with friends, etc, also helps disprove the stereotype that all stoners are slow talking, bubble brained idiots. (you'd be surprised how many people take cheech and chong seriously and not realize that they are just a comedy act.. idiots)

Edited by Crunchy

I'm pretty sure they only laughed him off because he didn't ask a question, just stated his opinion.

And as far as legalising hard drugs, I think they put forward a good case in relation to herion and cocaine by looking at countries that have harm reduction strategies. There is no way these drugs would ever be available like alcohol/tobacco and eventually cannabis.

I'd prefer it if Johnny the coke addict had to go to a treatment centre to get his fix, rather than breaking into my house and stealing my prized collection of golden zebras to sell for his coke habit.

Totally agree with everything written above, hobbez...especially the last sentence.

I haven't watched this doco yet as it'll take at least an hour to download - looking forward to seeing it :bongon:

I haven't watched this doco yet as it'll take at least an hour to download - looking forward to seeing it ;)

Hi sparkler that vid is 56 mins long but with normal ol' broadband it plays fine on the small screen, and yeah I hope everyone watches it, as it's like the cream of all the best arguments we have been rattling on about here for years but finally the right voices are saying the logical obvious sensible answers and really understanding the issues a lot better :bongon:

seen

gotta love every utterance

all the best arguments we have been rattling on about here for years

especially the cop who deadicated his life to eraducating drugs the hard way

i wounder why watched and inflicted 25yz of collatural dammage before he totally changed his approach

no disrespect

it must have been a massive change

whata day

it takes a lota guttz to say what he said to such an audance

on the abc, recorded at the oppera house

nuff raspect

everytime

;)

i hafe maka spliff livacated to St Peter Tosh

cause

never thort id here a cop say

legalize all drugz

:bongon:

free drugz

free cops

free world

Cheers Bufo - it played fine, just finished watching it now :) Do you know if this will be shown on the abc network on TV at all? or is it internet only?

All speakers were absolutely fantastic, probably some of the finest I've seen debate/discuss this issue for a very long time. Norm Stamper = my new hero :bongon:. Seriously, what a guy!!

I found myself nodding my head pretty much non-stop throughout watching this - all points made were/are just so valid and absolutely correct. Especially the statement "Today's people are well ahead of their politicians"...that should be made into a car bumper sticker!!

I agree that dealers would hate to see some drugs decriminalised, especially cannabis..as Norm Stamper said, the dealers are at the top of the list when it comes to people being opposed to cannabis being legalised. They'd need to find other work and another steady source of income, some of them would probably even struggle with identity issues, particularly the dealers who've been selling it all their adult lives and don't know how to do anything else (I know several people like this). The dealers don't really matter to me though, the only reason I know and buy from dealers is because it's the only way I can obtain weed. It's a means to an end, really.

Like Crunchy said, "If given the choice you would go to a nice chemist or speciality store over a dodgy cunt you met outside a club? even if the price was slightly higher at the chemist" - personally I'd prefer the chemist or speciality store with the slightly higher price tag. I'd prefer that over seeing the dealers that I regularly buy from and have come to like too..simply because that way I wouldn't be breaking the law everytime I buy a herb for my own personal use ;)

Not sure what the ABC is going to do with that? Looks like it will be used for an upcoming programme? They were the only major news service giving ANY news coverage to Norm Stampers visit, I heard he was on ABC Radio whilst in Australia and impressed the person that heard him talk, once again, the same speech as he gives on this vid. I got to meet and chat to him briefly :) he is a cool dude, for an ex-cop :)

One thing he commented on during his talks (we followed him around Brissie, we stalked Norm ;) ) was the shit that Australians get fed via the media, he was amazed at the hysteria created

and

He said he was given a brow beating by someone from the West Oz government when he arrived in Perth, a politician/and or a cop I think? He was gobsmacked and quite unprepared for it.

It highlighted a huge cultural difference with the US when it comes to free speech/drugs/redneck Oz beauracrats etc and must have been a real shock for many people to hear about what he was saying :bongon: good shit, better him than me hehe but exactly what is needed.