Grow your own drugs

the packet has a warning and says it's not suitable for edible crops

below is a quote from Daleys fruit tree forum Re: eco neem

Gus says...

I rang the company on the phone. The man who answered was very knowledgeable.

He assured me that it was safe to use on food. The reason for it saying "not for food crops" is because there is some form of "Crude Neem" that is deemed unsafe by Australian authorities (can't remember which one).

There is a type of Crude Neem that has unproven links to increased rates of miscarriage. I was assured that the neem used in EcoNeem is very different and is approved for usage in all other countries except Australia.

To obtain the offical recognition would require EcoNeem to do testing on dogs that would need to kill them to study the effects. Which they weren't keen to spend the money on.

So.. that's what I know so far.

:bongon:

well, after looking for neem oil for several weeks I was glad to be watching 'Grow your own drugs' where the guy was explaining how to make a home remedy to get rid of head lice, but also described it as general bug killer.

Can't remember all details but do remember him saying herbalists should have neem, and then mixing it with some other herbs and oils (lavender was mentioned, as was teatree oil).

Might have to see if a local herbalist has a suggestion for pest spray.

I use lavender oil to keep silver fish out of my wardrobes. Clothes that is! All natural the only way to go.

saw on oprah that some cleaners use cheap vodka instead of chemicals to clean windows and floors, its safe, odorless, and kills bugs...a bottle of vodka is cheaper than jaysol...any cheap vodka works apparantly...my only concern is if i start licking the floor

saw on oprah that some cleaners use cheap vodka instead of chemicals to clean windows and floors, its safe, odorless, and kills bugs...a bottle of vodka is cheaper than jaysol...any cheap vodka works apparantly...my only concern is if i start licking the floor

i seen that..how sad, lol pity we aint got any cheap vodka here in oz, well not cheaper than most cleaning products...