JS' Guide to Stealth Smoking

Herbman: I never NEEDED to get stoned so bad I'd do it when family were home, it's just that if they weren't home, I usually wasn't either. I didn't like the idea of bludging class to smoke pot (I was a good boy :yinyang:) , and even when I did I got too distracted by all the people to actually do any work, so during the day wasn't often a go for me. Most of my free time was spent at home, or at a mates, so when I was to smoke weed, (whether to relax/get creative/self-medicate/just get stoned/whatever), I'd usually have to try and do it as sneakily as possible. Lots of my mates had the same deal as me, so we'd all help each other find good ways to cover our tracks.

Weedrocket: Thanks for the extra info man, I'll be sure to give it a try sometime. When I figure out how to edit my first post, I'll definitely throw that info in.

You may have them here and call them something different, but back in the U.s. I would carry a "dugout." Bassically a wooden container smaller than a 20 cigarette pack with 2 sides. 1 side held weed, the other held a tube that looked exactly like a cigarette from a distance.

You'd take the tube from it's side, push it down into the weed side to pack it in, pull it out and light up. No good in a crowded place, but from a distance it looks like you are just smoking a cig.

That'd be pretty good for stealthiness. Can't say I've seen one, but like you said over here it's "something different".

http://www.420auction.com/auctions/dugout.jpg

Like that? That looks pretty useful. Clearly smoking in a crowded place would never be subtle seeing as the smell is pretty wicked, but as far as looking normal goes, that thing looks like it'd do the job fairly well.

That'd be pretty good for stealthiness. Can't say I've seen one, but like you said over here it's "something different".

http://www.420auction.com/auctions/dugout.jpg

Like that? That looks pretty useful. Clearly smoking in a crowded place would never be subtle seeing as the smell is pretty wicked, but as far as looking normal goes, that thing looks like it'd do the job fairly well.

Yep, that's a dugout. Works great at a distance, not so good up close and personal :)

For me it's family, as in significant otherw with extremely sensitive nose and super-human ability to detect any deviation from normal behaviour or anything out of place - i.e. - 'suspicious'. Sometimes I just need some 'alone time', not often but it's nice, with responsibilities of life and all. I don't get much time alone, for true 'alone time' so it's a rare and special treat.

This looks interesting

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners...showtopic=19947

Saucepan based vapouriser. I can't invest in full professional grade equipment, not very stealthy and extremely difficult to explain to any wandering guests or family.

The saucepan method seems to hold promise to reduce smell and incriminating equipment / evidence.

Are there any better methods?

It also seems to be extremely efficient.

I am also undergoing a painful procedure very soon, and will really appreciate the extra pain killing this could provide. It will not be an enjoyable procedure.

Edited by downlow

For me it's family, as in significant otherw with extremely sensitive nose and super-human ability to detect any deviation from normal behaviour or anything out of place - i.e. - 'suspicious'. Sometimes I just need some 'alone time', not often but it's nice, with responsibilities of life and all. I don't get much time alone, for true 'alone time' so it's a rare and special treat.

This looks interesting

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners...showtopic=19947

Saucepan based vapouriser. I can't invest in full professional grade equipment, not very stealthy and extremely difficult to explain to any wandering guests or family.

The saucepan method seems to hold promise to reduce smell and incriminating equipment / evidence.

Are there any better methods?

It also seems to be extremely efficient.

I am also undergoing a painful procedure very soon, and will really appreciate the extra pain killing this could provide. It will not be an enjoyable procedure.

That sucks to hear man, I hope the procedure goes well for you.

Well, from my experience vaporizing weed is a great way to smoke AND vaporizers can easily be constructed out of stuff from around the home. The Saucepan thing the dude mentioned on that link sounds like a pretty simple and probably effective way to do it. A mate of mine made a vaporizer out of a soldering iron, a jar, some tube and the little metal base from a scented candle :D

Vapes make much less smell, and the smell they do produce goes away pretty easy (doesn't stick to your clothes), but it will stick to your breathe like a motherfucker. Some mouthwash/some gum/anything like that will do the trick though, so it's really not too much of a bother.

You can buy vaporizer pipes pretty cheap, and they work quite well. Useful for sneaking one in the bathroom or something. I dunno where to get them, but my mate got his from Off Ya Tree in Melbourne, so I presume they're pretty common.

don't get me wrong, my life is fantastic, no complaints... just this one little thing I appreciate time to time, especially witha painful procedure coming up. I'm not sure if the stock pannedeine forte will be enough! Vapour really smells eh? I thought it was less smell but it still smells on the breath? What about body odour and the like?

Do the vapouriser pipes work well? What I like about the saucepan method is that it uses readily available items which are a hell of a lot less strange if seen used or lying around! I can just whip up a can of beans after I'm done and wash it out, takes care of the munchies too :-) So just powder a very small pinch - like half a pipe cone or even less, very finely, and heat it gently in the saucepan until I see vapour rising? Then suck through the little hole and blow out the kitchen exhaust? Done..

I'm lucky nobody can tell I'm stoned unless I'm at the end of a 10 hours mega session :thumbsup:

The police came around the other day, man was I paranoid- have stuff in this house to hide.

I was megastoned, really, really stoned, when they knocked on the door.

Luckily my long years of experience as a stoner enabled me to entirely hide this fact from the police, they may have wanted to look inside, but i disarmed them with my "harmless aura" which I projected out to them :thumbsup: They left all laughing and polite, hehe if they only knew what was inside :bow: