Interesting way to Flower

Kai

Kai, and other interested parties, this link should get you to my 'a small cupboard' diary, specifically a page that has my electricity costing sheet which lists lights in use.

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners...25102&st=32

I don't think there's much benefit in the 5000K/6400K/6500K split in veg, it's simply what were available. Note that these may be described as 'daylight' or 'cool white' and are most similar to MH. There are also those who would suggest 14000K would be beneficial and I might try them one day but seem not to need these which are commonly used for aquarium plants and corals. or is that the ~10000K ones and the 14000K are 'actinic', gets to be a bit complicated and I suggest that mainly the the higher K lights are 'supplemental' rather than primary.

My flowering area is, IMHO, a little short on blue because I swapped out a couple of 45W for 26's until I sort out proper ventilation. The 2700K-3000K 'warm white' lights are closer to HPS.

So incidentally I had to use a 1000WMH for 2 weeks before I could purchase a new 1000WHPS bulb and ballast to replace the old ones that busted. We all know MH creates lankier plants and HPS creates bulkier bushier plants. If your trying to get the most weight out of a grow, try throwing under a MH for two weeks during flowering. Youll get that extra 4 inches of stem growth (approx) which adds more weight to your final harvest. IT DOES stress the plants, adds an extra 30 days (approx) to your overall harvest. Whereas mine would have taken 60-70, they are now going to be somewhere in the range of 90-100days flower, but nice 16in (sorry from USA) colas on top :peace:

so if I'm reading this right the added weight is all stem? So what is the point? :bongon:

I've only seen one MH grow but the plants weren't at all lanky?

Funny thing is I have always found the opposite, MH gives a lower wider growth pattern, HPS more upright and stretchy.

:bongon:

I am a fan of combination lighting though, I run 1x 600w mh / 1x 600w hps for flower and find it is better than just HPS.

yer my understanding is

metal halide for short squat lush growth.. ie vege

hps for flower as it creates a hotter environment,the hps is similar to natural flowering outdoors

hps wen used for vege i find creates a lankier plant than a mh veged plant

combination of both in any stage can only be beneficial

just depends wat u want from ya flowering plants imho

all the best

bil