burning tips

does anyone have some ideas on these tips they are burnt only right at the tip and all over the plant),also the colour has gone out of the plant lately

its a mother under a 400w avge temp lights off 22, on 28, ive had this problem for about 3 weeks

ive flushed it weekly , i hand water only when its dry(perlite) the lights about 40 odd inches i kept moving it away as the tips were burning...not helping. i only feed and flush with rainwater (i dont check my ph ....hmmm is this my prob :scratchin: )

heaps of airflow 12 litre pot .I just pulled one of them last week cause its clones were male :thumbdown: and it had the same prob the roots looked good when i pulled it.

any help would be sweet

budgie

post-30831-1253529834_thumb.jpg

post-30831-1253529857_thumb.jpg

post-30831-1253529895_thumb.jpg

:thumbdown: what kind of sales person tells you that you dont need something theyre trying to sell... and when its something you need. I guess if they didnt know much about your grow, and I'm still yet to use my ph tester...

You dont have to fork out for a digital meter you can get yourself some litmus paper it should do the job if ya plant has been good up until now. Get the paper to see if ph is ya problem, then tune it up a bit I guess. If its your mum have you done anything different to it lately to make it unhappy? Is the rainwater a new thing? how is it collected?

I'm no plant doctor so still wait for a pro to jump in, just throwing some food for thought out there :scratchin:

is it normal to drop ph after adding nutes?

I'm think I'm heading for about 5.8?

Thanks heaps for the help

budgie

Someone may correct me if I'm wrong but the nutes are for water with a PH 7 and when correctly added end up with the PH between 6.5-5.5.

I came to this conclusion after trying different brands of nutes and my tap water having a PH 7. Now after 'measuring' the nutes (i.e 5ml-10ltrs etc) and then using a EC to confirm that it was in the range, PH was always on the mark.

But that was without any additives.Some additives can have a marked effect on PH.

Thanks sukonmi, I just got the meter yesterday

I thought it would come cal. How would

I go about calibrating it ordo you check

the ph against a control solution?

I just got some litmus paperfrom work

I'll check the ph with that aswell tonight!

Does rainwater ph alter at all (ph) due

to location environment or is it stable.

Damn I thought I knew where I was heading

thismorning now ..........

Thanks again for the help!