THC Tolerance

G'day post reading person :thumbsup:

So many of my drug-f**k*d (didn't want to write 'fucked') associates smoke huge amounts of gunjah to get a hit..

I have watched em almost fall face first into the mixing bowl after consuming obscene amounts of pot n tobacco :peace:. in a serious sesh.

Because I limit my use and have a break every so often to clean out (specially during those seasonal colds n flu *Natures clean out) I can get a good hit from 2 cones - even 1 if it's kick arse hooter.

It all started when I was hanging around with the wrong crowd in the early ... VERY early.. 70's in Bris... We used to go to a place called 'Willy's Bizarre' (Bet there's some old-timers who remember the place)

Smoking in the toilets was very common, ha ha you could get stoned going for a piss :peace: So I started smoking the local weed - Smoking , smoking, smoking..... waiting waiting waiting... NO HIGH!!! WTF !!?? What is with these people???? They're lying about the effect of this mara-what's-it... They're yanking my crank here!! :bow:

Then finally (no shit here) I was sitting in a candle lit lounge room with some older 'heads' smoking some delicious Lebanese Blonde Hash... Sitting listening to Moody blues and playing with my hand..... Yes I had realised the complexity of my hand!

I was like sitting in a control room (sorta like a crane driver) and looking at all the movements and angles my hand could operate at....

I looks up to see all my friends smiling at me .... WTF !! What am I doing???? They just said . Relax man.. Enjoy the stone...

Yes it had finally happened... After months of trying so hard to get stoned - This is what it was like!! :sly:

So ... considering that some of the weed I had smoked was 2nd generation Durban Poison, Mullumbimby madness etc..Whay did it take so long?? Another interesting fact - I have tripped for years, on the real LSD - Mushrooms and Peyote - Never hallucinated !!

NEVER - B)

I've only ever met 2 others with the same experience...

Tell us about your first high...

Did it happen when you had your first smoke?

Do you need a lot or a little to get a hit?

Cheers

SpOoK

B)

G'day SeaHippies,

You raise alot of different factors there ...

I'll just comment on the Tolerance issue :P

Indeed , one can build up a tolerence to Cannabis ... I don't think that this is disputed at all.

I and many others find that if stuck smoking the same strain for a while the body and mind will develop a tolerance ...

Switching between different strains can help , but from my experience if this is done wth a few strains over weeks or months that a general tolerance is built up ...

I think It's probably more to do with THC content rather than the actual strain , but having a variety of bud can help.

I still feel that in the early days of the times I got extremely SToned/High was to do more with the potency and quality of the smoko available at that time as opposed to developing a "life-long" general tolerance ...

I can still , on occasion get almost as much an effect as I experienced as a younger Stoner ... but this is rare after 15 years or so of regular ... enjoyement :)

It definatly seems to take such effect in relation to quality and potency of the budz ... but also I've noticed that situation , psyche and surroundings can play a part aswell ... sometimes some obviously mild , even crappy quality smoko can do the job :peace:

So I can't say with any certainty that a tolerance build-up towards Cannabis is due purely to percentage of THC/CBD (etc) intake ... can't hurt though :) heheh

It is a factor of course ... As we know , Stop Smoking/Ingesting Cannabis for even just a few weeks and after that the first session will almost always get you the most stoned you've been for weeks :peace: haheheh , ofc I mean to say that after abstinence for a few weeks the "tolerance" levels are noticably less ;)

Another thing I have noticed ... is that when smoking certain hydroponically grown , mainly commercial style stuff , with fairly high potency ... tolerance seems to buld up alot more quickly than a more mild stash of Outdoor ...

At one stage in life I probably concluded that this was becasue of the growing methods and "chemicals" involved ... However , now it would be easy to fathom that in smoking highly potent stuff , the first few days is obviously going to build up a tolerance to a higher amount of active ingredients in Cannabis alot quicker than it would be built up with a mild potency alternative :(

Its an interesting subject , and I look forward to hearing more and varied opinions about it.

I will say that the best way to avoid excess tolerance is Moderation , but I suppose that's very obvious :thumbsup:

If I smoke up big-time for Brekky bongs or whatever .... I will not be as "nicely toasted" in the evenings as I would like ...

That for me is the first basic approach ... If you can wait out the day until 4:20 (or after work ;)) the smoko is going to do a much better job for the night-time hours.

I haven't often gone a few weeks stretch without (or days :D) but on the few occasions Ive had a break , the difference in effects are remarkable ... even a couple of days dry seems to make an immense contribution to to the outcome of the "first session back" :bow:

I keep myself moderated daily so as to give creedence and benefit to the evening , ultimatley to get to sleep well ; )

Hope I haven't bored you all (you can build a tolerance to that too , heheh) ... and that's it from me :sly:

Cheerz all B)

Budman :D

yer my tolerance is fucken bad due to just smokeing a bag a day (3g bag) i have bout 10 bongs and its not even that great of a stonned but it dont matter how much i smoke after that i just dont get more stonned if i take a week off i get pretty stonned tho but what i find weird is ppl say they need to take 2 weeks off to get rid of there tolerance with me i can take 2 days without and i get a good stoned but only for the first sesh then im back to normal. BTW i dont buy shit weed its deffently good weed most ppl that go through this dealer say its the best weed around.

im thinking this is why ppl say weed is a gateway drug cos ppl just get like this and are like fuck this shit and go get something harder.

im thinking this is why ppl say weed is a gateway drug cos ppl just get like this and are like fuck this shit and go get something harder.

Whoa ... reddevil, one of my hobbies is to get my mates so fucked-up on a smoking session that they dont know if they are arthur, martha or the cunt coming after ... more times than not i succeed (sure, i know its highly irresponsible but its fun :gathering: )

i succeed cause i grow my own outdoor weed and select only the very, very best top heads ...

i smoke often but never become inmune to the effects of Cannabis, I do find that more is less though ...

the human body's auto-immune system compensates for the combined effects of THC / CBN /CBD upon the body, the more often you use the same Cannabis plant matter the better the body comes at compensating for its effects hence you dont feel so 'stoned'

if you feel you need something stronger than smoking Cannabis flowers i encourage you to try hash or cannabis tincture, these are both concentrated forms of THC and i would suggest you use sparingly as they can cause 'white-outs' ..

also eating Cannabis cookies results in far greater uptake by the body of the psychoactive properties of Cannabis usually resulting in prolonged and intense 'stone'

:thumbsup:

thanks for the info frazz.

yer when my outdoor grow is finished this year im gonna learn how to make hash and cookies then make some up.

EDIT: oh yer its bloddy fun getting your mates fucked i do it to hehe the most fun i had doing it was a mate of mine that had only had it a few time befor he said the last time he had it was bout 8 months ago from when i did this an he said hes gonna get fucked 2night so i got him to have 5 or 6 bongs strait up :gathering: he was so fucked up

Edited by reddevil6

Whoa ... reddevil, one of my hobbies is to get my mates so fucked-up on a smoking session that they dont know if they are arthur, martha or the cunt coming after ... more times than not i succeed (sure, i know its highly irresponsible but its fun :gathering: )

i succeed cause i grow my own outdoor weed and select only the very, very best top heads ...

i smoke often but never become inmune to the effects of Cannabis, I do find that more is less though ...

the human body's auto-immune system compensates for the combined effects of THC / CBN /CBD upon the body, the more often you use the same Cannabis plant matter the better the body comes at compensating for its effects hence you dont feel so 'stoned'

if you feel you need something stronger than smoking Cannabis flowers i encourage you to try hash or cannabis tincture, these are both concentrated forms of THC and i would suggest you use sparingly as they can cause 'white-outs' ..

also eating Cannabis cookies results in far greater uptake by the body of the psychoactive properties of Cannabis usually resulting in prolonged and intense 'stone'

:thumbsup:

....in the real world it's called Substance Abuse - I thought a 'Moderator' would know something about moderation

And real friends don't act like juveniles and fuck up their mates

That's what meat heads at alcohol binges do... :yinyang:

for anyone developing 'tolerance' I suggest you cut back on your pot.

LONG time ago I gave up sitting in front of the bowl and consuming until it was gone. Decided that if I wasn't buzzed on 3 cones it was shit. and I'm not talking about 3 humongous cones as posted in 'milk shots' by that guy with the huge collection of contraptions, I use a small conical brass 'cone' with maybe 25% of the capacity (more like less) than that wasteful person.

IF, some short time later, you feel like more, GO TO IT, and have 3 more.

The other thing I gave up on QUARTER OF A CENTURY AGO is having cones before bed. What a freakin waste.

rgds

Smoking Less and Enjoying More