spots all over

BaronS

The last clones to come from outside were the Group3 Shrubettes made 23/7, and you're quite possibly right but... those young ladies are still in the veg cabinet, which so far shows no sign of infestation. All clones from here forward come off the plants inside (which is good, 'coz the mums in the rosegarden are done and almost dusted).

I had some 'pest oil' in the garage and couldn't find any 'neem oil' in the small garden sections of local shops. The garden sections did have 'moth flowers' (repelent things for cupboards) and I had read such would discourage my freeloading guests, so a packet of four has supplied 2 for each cupboard. I had a few (handful) of flying adults appear but the last I saw of them was them fleeing the room shortly thereafter.

I might be passing Bunnings soon, where I expect to find the neem, but if not I'll spray 'pest oil' again in a day or two, then again 1 & 2 wks down the track, keeping an eye out for neem for future use. (whether it be mites, thrips, or any of several things the neem seems to address, I _JUST BET_ I'm gonna see them :-)

Also gonna rip a couple of leaves off when the lights come on tonight, and again in a few days, chuck em under the microscope that I could plainly see the both young critters and eggs through, see how treatment is going.

EDIT: I thought 'well why don't you have a look?' so I ripped a leaf off one in the veg area, definitely eggs on underside of leaves. I had already sprayed preventitively anyway, I will include the veg girls in further measures.

Edited by BaronS

HA -> Billo. For a time the cat got curious as to why I spent so much time looking in the bright cupboards, he even tried to get in and have a look around a couple of times. Some mean bastard sprayed him with water (rich in nutes and seasol) whenever he came close though so he has lost interest in that area of the house.