spots all over

BaronS

thank you, yes, confirmed with my Madame Pandora inspired micrososcope (which now seems to have paid for itself).

I have thrips. I actually caught one wandering around the underside of a leaf. Wierdly, I can also see what appear to be eggs on the underside of leaves but what I'm reading suggests thrips lay eggs in ground.

shit, shit, shit... die ya little fuckers.

Edit: actually, should shake the sleep outta m' head 1st. Thrips pupate in the soil, I guess the eggs are on the leaves.

Edited by BaronS

http://attra.ncat.org/attra-pub/gh-thrips.html

Plants that Repel Thrips

A large greenhouse grower in The Netherlands found that garlic plants are an effective way to repel thrips. He uses three potted garlic plants for every 30 square feet of bench area.

and I like garlic. Probably can't get a G plant in there fast enough to matter though.

bloody hell, had some 'pest oil' handy and the affected plants are far enough from done that I thought I'd give it a go.

Last week I would have picked my 2nd problem earlier, but I haven't been foliar feeding for a week. Spray has revealed a gossamer of fine web covering my better spikes, I think I have spider mites (too).

aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh

she is stressed now

give her a K spray

garlic is a great idea

buy a few big plants from a nursary and trans plant them straight in

giv them a good warting to flush the gralic microbes into your plants roots

BTW

garlic will make the buds taste spicey

we are talking out doorz eh??????????

if so

there will be natural preditors that eat them pesty thrips allready in your garden too

like frogs and wasps

you can encourage them to come and eat the thrips

and you can by microbes that deal with them too

i think itsa nembatode you can buy for thrip control

how do you do all this????????

good question

do some research

google ---> biological pest control for thrips

irey guidance

nah, indoor, my 'a small cupboard' (see grow diaries)

as an emergency measure I've done the 'pest oil' but thinking about the garlic and having a couple of cloves handy I've crushed some and put it in a shallow bowl of hot water. Sounds like you may agree with the idea of crushing a couple more cloves (of garlic) and watering it in.

If I run around the garden a bit I might be able to collect a couple of ladybugs.

having a cat with a tendency of collecting fleas I know all about getting rid of adults, and their progeny. matter of fact with the warm weather it seems it's time to spray the carpets again, a few times.

tks for the heads up on it though.

I can't again open the doors till 10PM, thinking about what I will be armed with at the time. NukeTheLot sounds like a good product name.

My 'Babylon' hanging pots helps a little. When spraying it is quite easy for me to get under the leaves.

How'd the little buggers find my precious girls? (rhetorical question)

I have no house plants 'cept the MJ.

The cupboard is pretty well (but not totally) sealed.

Freakin little shits.

I bow to Mother Nature morning and night, why's she screwing me?