5th Week of flower... all fan leaves are yellowing

hey guys..

gallery_28966_648_17760.jpeg

im sorry that the first post i make will be a plea for help but as you can see the situation is dire.. any help you could give would be appreciated..

600w digital

strain unknown

100mm rockwool cubes and clay balls in ebb and flow 3 feeds during lights on

canna classic nutrients 1.7ec

ph 5.6

h202 added every 4 days

24 hr air stone running

71 lt res

175mm pot 2.8lt

250mm exhaust fan

24* heat res

26* room temp

So here we go.up until the fourth week of flower i had no problems they grew really well. from end of the the 4th week onwards the bottom fan leaves started to yellow i wasnt too worried but 4 days later more had the same colouring... its a very even yellow spread over large fan leaves. yet there is no visible leave curl or wil .

worried that i had pythium i backed feeds off to once at start lights on then treated with a flush of fongarid.. 4 days later still they are yellowing much faster.. i inspected the root system for SCARID fly but could only find one or two adults and no larve so they couldnt have damaged the roots system.... the roots were a healthy white with lots of hairs..

two scenarios i have come too but want some advice on which is right

1. plants have become root bound... should i transplant with 20 days to go or just increase nute and feeding to try to fill her up?

2. I have a nitrgen def. today at night i gave them a floiar feed of 1/4 strenght canna veg to see if i could get their nitrogen levels up.

i have spent hours looking for someone who had same problem but have not seen anyone with a consistent yellowing all over plant which i thought might be undwatering please help i dont want to loose these tooo much hard work :peace:

gallery_28966_648_12198.jpg

gallery_28966_648_305200.jpg

Edited by mohana

hey everest

good to meet you too thanks for the quick reply.

i thought that at first but i took it back to one feed at lights on 6 days ago and the problem has just gotten worse. my flood height doesnt reach the rock wool much so mostly it is quite dry as i have a bed of clay balls underneath

also there was no signs of over or underwatering the leaves have quite good shape no curling until they go yellow then die...

for some reason the plant is feeding off its foliage hence why i thought pythium killing the roots but it wasnt that interestingly it started on week that pk 13 -14 was added so i do wonder if its a N def.

my feeds for first 5 weeks of grow was twice daily for 2 mins and never a problem... once they developed a decent root system i went up to 3 two min feeds and that was ok for 3 weeks but then this....

Edited by mohana

yea

thats what im sort of at now but i am running at 1.4 ec now for fear of nute burn until i can fix this problem.. it has also been put to me to increase my ec to 2.2 as canna is quite reserved in there reccomendations so im just not sure... if it is the munchies that means they were hungry on 2 feeds a day too but that is possible if rockwool isnt getting wet so im thinking of giving it a go

its all sweet till something like this comes along.. screws with your head :peace:

Edited by mohana

thanks ev yea thats what i figured they got a flush 4 days ago then onto 1.4 ec nutes ill just keep nursing them let them use rest of nutrients in leaves and hopefully be alot closer to finishing.. im going to transplant 2 of the 5 into bigger pots tonight and see if it makes a difference ...shame as theres only 29 days to go..

cheers mate

Edited by mohana

hey closet grower good to meet you.. have seen you guys around alot and taken alot from your postings..

see thats what i thought originaly that i was killing them with kindness but its been 6 days since i backed the feeding down to once a day and 4 days since a good flush... last night i checked the rockwool hour after feeding and its really dry..

yesterday those plants werent burnt and today there is probably double the yellow leaves.. it seems to be getting faster the more i feed them less..

how long would it take for the changes of the lower ec im running and the less frequent feeding to fix this problem? because it just seems to be getting worse??

i have found two other cases of complete yellowing of leave on riu and both were n def for some reason it doesnt seem to happen to often

Edited by mohana