you veg as long as you need to. The idea would be for efficiency and turnaround in a small cabinet setup. Say you got one flowering cabinet with a HID light and another veg cabinet with fluoros. If flowering time is about 8-10 weeks, by the time you harvest from your flowering cabinet you've already got a set of plants vegged from the fluoro cabinet to put into flower straight away. Can take weeks off your cycle time, provide more than enough smoke for a personal grower without the need to buy and run a 2nd HID light.

But personally I only use fluoros for mothers and have a couple of 400watt Son-T-Agros for veg & flower. However I think I'll change to two flowering cabinets with a Son-T in each and veg under fluoros.

stretching under fluro's?

Mate I find fluros very versitile when working with veg. You can pretty much put the buggers anywhere on the plant and the 0% heat output means I can pretty much have them touching my plants and the nodes are tight and the plant is short. Stretching occurs when the plant needs more intensity from the light source , no? My plants are going unreal atm, only 3weeks old and coming up to thier 5-6 node, alittle bit of training and the plants sit around 8-10cm high with the lower shoots nearly up there with the main one. I was certain I was given bush-bud seeds and expected these things to go ballistic(hence the training) but afew have heavy dark green leaves so its kinda indica looking.

So I would say Fluros are perfect for Veg. and also they are good for Flowering if funding/supplies are limited.

Bought that bulb today...bastard puts out heat......grrrrrrrr

lok

Guest weekprik

yeah they fell off, they belonged in the bitchin room, foul mood this morning.

basically fluro and cf IMO are for clones, and maybe vegging, although they do produce heat more than a fluro a CF is better, especially if its cold.