Just popped over to nearest Target store.

They have these light bulbs, cannot remember the exact name, what I did notice is nowhere did it say if it was a Incadescent or Fluro, but they were in with the fluro-section. Other things I remember reading off the cover was lasts 800hrs, and 15watt = 75watt ( or bigger ones were 20watt = 100watt ) Does this mean their output is 100watt's ???

No lumens info anywhere on it, and they look like the CF I saw at Bunnings except bunnings had the distinctive two types...the inca and fluro. Their biggest fluro was 23watt for $25 and they said it put out 1000Lum's per light, which dont sound like much.

So does anyone out there know if these bulbs are any good? Atleast I know the Bunnings bulbs say they are fluro bulbs where as these don't, all look the same. Wish I could take a pic and show ya's. :)

Also, one more . Can u replace 2ft fluro-stick (18watt), with one that can put out more watt's ??? Im guessing NO cause the ballast can only handle the 18's. I read over in USA they have these thin 40watt fluro's and Im having trouble even finding these here.

cheers

lok

Here's a picture of a common compact fluorescent, try to get a mixture of warm and cool white if you intend to grow with them, they are more efficient than the tube fluoro's and you can fit more in a small area, a HID light is the best to grow with though.

http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/ruinkai/coolgleamA.gif

post-67-1054713020_thumb.jpg

thnx for feedback guys !

Yep they looked just like them ones Tom.

Wow 100watt's in one of 'em little suckers sounds good...and youre right a HID light is what I will get once they are ready for 12/12, just trying to get enough lum's to cover the veg stage.

So far I have 72watts in two tubes so I wouldnt mind a few of these to drop inbetween the plants, its all about the lumens really isn't it. Hey heres a little snippet I copied'n'pasted from another place, hope it helps others as its helped me out alittle.

" a typical 20W compact flouro puts out 1200 lumens. (Lumens is what the plant needs, wattage is what the electric co. charges you for electricity) a 150W HPS puts out 17,000 lumens.

if you had 8 compact flouros of 20W each, that would give you 9600 lumens, but it would take 160W of electricity to make those lumens.

the second big difference is that at 15 inches away, the HPS light still puts out around 5000 lumens. (it loses 2/3 of it's lumens)

at THREE inches, the flouros loses 2/3 of it's (9600)

it's obvious that although flowering with fouros works, it's more expensive and more time consuming to get less bud at harvest time than it is if you grow under HID lighting."

cheers

lok

many growers veg with fluoros and flower with a HID and get excellent results. And in fact you can flower with fluoros for good enough results for personal supply as well. Fluoros are also good for mother plants.

sure HIDS are much better, but fluoros have their place.

Totally agree CF and fluros have a place and that the cloning room,

if you veg under fluros you get stretched plants,

weekprik you highlight your lack of experience and knowledge every time you post stuff like this.

you don't even know enough to realise how little you know.

got nothing against you, I'm not trying to start anything, but you need to tone it down IMO. Read & learn rather than posting half baked and incorrect opinions all over the place.

mate I'm not saying plants won't stretch more under CF, of course they will. But the fact remains that many seasoned growers veg under fluoros and flower under a HID with excellent results, and if you do a bit of research around the net, you will also see that you can get excellent results flowering under fluoros also.

I don't want to start a flame war and get this thread dumped in the bitching room. Lets just agree to disagree.