How HOT is too HOT

Is that right Mongy? If I keep my roots low I dont need to worry about the room temp so much? That wood probly explain why my room is at 33 but the plants are showing no ill effects - as my res is not in the room and is still at 22C.

Ive never been able to figure out how to add CO2 and keep it there when your sucking the odour out with a filter...

Is that right Mongy? If I keep my roots low I dont need to worry about the room temp so much? That wood probly explain why my room is at 33 but the plants are showing no ill effects - as my res is not in the room and is still at 22C.

;) That's my experience yea calaman. Days over 50 are normal here in summer and nights get to -5 sometimes in winter. If you can keep the root temps around 22 in summer and 24 in winter I find it's pretty much irrelevant how hot or cold the room is. Look at a plant growing in full sun on a blistering summer day, if it's in the ground its fine because the roots are cool underground. the same can't be said for one in a pot in the same position though because the pot heats up and cooks the roots.

As I said earlier IMO hot dry air produces the most resin.

Peace MongyMan

yea mongys right .. but how do you keep the water cool .. ? chiller ?

i usually skip to soil when the temps rise and just add fans ...

ev

;) It depends on the system ev. Some you can't easily control root temps. DWC is easiest, just use a chiller/heater. And yea I've noticed soil is alot more forgiving in the heat if you can't control root temps. Smaller pots I've found better then too. My theory is that small pots get hot but don't "steam" the roots like happens in big pots. Outdoor it's opposite and bigger pots seem to be better from my exp.

Peace MongyMan

irey greetnz

The ideal leaf temperature should be 76f or 24.4c degrees.

For every degree of leaf temperature over 76f/24.4c degrees your plant is at a loss of 10% of its photosynthetic ability.

As far as a maximum leaf temperature is concerned, 86f or 30c degrees is the absolute max.

At 86f/30c degrees your plants stomata closes, and your plant is now in survival mode.

Use an infrared temperature meter directly on the surface of the leaf.

The Ideal Leaf Temperature is 68f or 20c <->78f or 25.5c degrees

this is what is recomended for most systems

however

i have found success in extreem high tempture grows in hot houses and grow rooms

by maintain cool root temps with water chillers and heaters pluss a regular watering cycle

room fans to keep the air moving round the room

but i could not stop the streching caused by the heat

the growth rates are just too fast when i run the system hot

i find

they never recover once streched

even with C02

they never yeild the weight or quality of same clones in ideal temp grows

that dont mean it can be done

just that i have not achieved it yet

seen

MongyMan and bufo marinus i believe youz are quite right

keepin the rootz kewl is a must for high temp grows