Effects of Marijuana

Chai

Question

I am not that naïve and inconsequent young girl that start to smoking marijuana anymore...

I am getting into that stage where the hunger to conceive a child is warning me.

I was reading a book from the Foresight Programme, and I am concerned about the effects of Marijuana especially in women:

“Marijuana’s impairing cellular effects on DNA can result in incomplete genetic information being transmitted to the offspring”. Dr. Gabriel Nahas

Cannabis is four times more dangerous to your health than cigarette smoking. It dumps three times more tar in the lungs and five times more carbon monoxide. The key psychoactive substance in cannabis is tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) – this component has the same steroid structure found in the sex hormones and in certain hormones of the adrenal glands. THC accumulates in the ovaries and testes.

In women cannabis can upset the menstrual cycle. In men lowers blood testosterone, lowers sperms count, causes greater than usual impotency and diminished libido. Sperm motility is also affected and there is an increase in number of abnormal sperm.

Cannabis effects the synthesis of DNA – whether used by the man or woman. In animals, studies have demonstrated the link with increased fetal death and malformations.

I guess I’ll need to quit in the near future.

lol

Chai,

Just my 2c but if you're not willing and happy to abstain from all drugs including caffeine, alcohol and tobacco while carrying and breastfeeding a child then maybe you should rethink the whole biological clock thing, your child and his/hers health (and your health and wellbeing by extension)should be the first priority in your life. If I've misunderstood where you're at then please disregard my comment. :D

I loved your comment! Thank you!

Yeah, I am just thinking to get pregnant in a year or so. I believe that I'll really need to prepare my body for that and my husband as well. It's been hard to explain those healthy factors for him...

But you know what...I think this forum is really helping me understand better every aspect related to CAnnabis and adiction in my life.

Cheers!

:bongon:

Good to hear chai, you'll have plenty of time for (responsibly :D )enjoyed MJ in no time at all and if a small short term sacrifice results in a healthy child then it's so worth it. If you want to talk about having kids in general then happy to have that conversation as well. ;)

Don't get me started on vaccinations...... :bongon: