quitting cigarretes while smoking pot

i've heard it can help with some people (just dont mix it with tobacco).

If everytime you feel like a cig you just get high, and when you're high you're already feeling awesome then I guess eventually your nicotine addiction could go.

thx for the reply il proly throw my last 3 packets away when i get my weed hopefuly it lasts long enough for the nicotine to gtfo my system cept il proly buy more weed anyway cuz i wont be buying cigs :wallbash:

:)

G'day Ballsweat lol

I agree with Immortal there and certainly wouldn't mix tobacco with the Budz if you were giving up cigs ...

Which , might I suggest ... after only 2 years of smoking cigs and already thinking about quitting ... I would recommend you do :D

Terribly bad habit indeed ... I'm trying not to be hypocritical because I am a smoker and still after 15 years have no plans to stop :wallbash: even though I am feeling the health implications already in late 20's :peace: not good.

For years I thought It be o.k. for me because most people I knew smoked a pack a day or there abouts , I was 12-15 a day (except at parties etc) for many years , and were very slim "rollies" (can roll 4 smokes out of a taylor-made for comparison) ...

So I gave myself a better chance compared to everyone else (plus I figured I was invincible anyway :wallbash: heheh) ...

Well , that's fine ... for about 5-6 years I stayed at the same smoking rate , 'bout 15 a day average lets say ...

Then i moved to Sydney for a small while and that sucked bad , I was then a pack a day (of Taylors) but working and eating decently(ish) ... ending up almost a chainsmoker by the end of It ... :peace:

Then moved back to the peaceful valley again and I got back to what I was before the "Big-Smoke" ... 10-15 a day for a few more years.

A 30 gram packet of Tobacco would last me almost 2 weeks (moderate smoker I'd say) ... then a few years back it went up to a 30g pack every week ... then recently ... almost 3x30gm packs a fortnight :toke:

Right now I'm back to about 20-25 a day (still slimline) about 2 packs a fortnight ... But my lungs and genera vitality are feeling that this is TOO MUCH for me , but I'm hooked as now.

(oh , should mention also , for those first 5 years or so I would consistently "give up" when out of cash or just felt like a break ... I felt I wasn't being controlled , not very addicted to them at all ... afterall "I'm no idiot" I would have thought "never will I give in" ... ahem ...

Well , there comes a time when It gets very difficult to do that ... and like many who do the same , I crumbled.

It's a very difficult thing to explain the addiction to something you know is shortening your life , possibly by a hefty sum.

Too hard in fact so I won't even try :D

But I recommend to all "new" smokers and really anyone that talks about wanting to quit that they do so ... as It's the shamanic thing to do I guess. :faint:

So after that little summary of MY smoking habit ... maybe it will help someone to quit before the addiction gets so ingrained as to be uneasily shakable ...

It really does become progressively worse over the years , so subtle sometimes It's hard to tell it even happened except for the obvious excess of cigs being smoked :bongon:

If I'd only been smoking 2 years .. or even 5-10 years ... I know that they would be "comparitively" EASY to kick than than after the now 15 years and counting.

So , Sorry about the lengthy reply ... but I felt I had to do it : )

Do yourself a favour and give up while it's simple ;) ... there are only a handful of people , I think , who never want to quit (or cut back) in their lifetimes ... So that is definatly something to remember.

Anyhoo , Cheerz and Enjoy the Good Stuff :whistle:

Budman :toke:

Now , time to roll a smoke ... :doh:

I have quit ciggies for the last 4 months and the only thing that helped was getting annihilated every day with cones,

every time I wanted a ciggie I had a cone - soon you are just smashed and don't want a ciggie as much.

Eclipse mints helped a lot too... :whistle:

Best of luck,

Jimbo :wallbash:

"the only thing that helped was getting annihilated every day with cones" now im looking forward to quiting lmfao wont have to worry about money going towards smokes aswell now :wallbash:

@budman hehe ive been at 15 a day aswell for the past year hopefuly i can kick the addiction like jimbo did with his awesome technique

:peace:

Yeh cool ,

My PC crashed out while I was giving that post a major edit , then I had to go in a rush. :faint:

I did forget to opinionate on whether or not Canna can a help with cravings and withdrawals ... :bongon:

Needless to say that I think it can and does , from my experience and based on others stories :wallbash:

To put it forth shortly :peace:

Similar to Jimbo I have found the same effect for myself (how are you finding it btw?) ...

Not just for the tobacco but for a number of things ... :wallbash:

I've heard of the saying of "replacing a bad habit with a good one" .. and I canna help but think there is a fair whack of truth to that :doh:

Each to their own though ... I wish you all the best with your research :toke: heheh

:toke:

Cheerz,

Budman :)

P.s. Funnily enough I met an old mate today a couple of decades older than I am ... he happened to be trying to kick the ciggies today , chatted to him about the subject for a while , not 1/2 an hour before I typed that reply lol Coincidence? :whistle: heheheh , bye 4 now.

It helped me yep. I had no real plan to give up, it just came about when I got a vape and discovered I didnt have to add tobacco to stop me coughing my guts up[a near 20yr habit had me at a point where i couldnt smoke cones without spin]

Anyway, I kept smoking cigs[rollies like budman] for about a week after getting the vape, then it started to dawn on me that I felt better for not choofing bongs so thought I might as well try giving it up.

For me the first week was real tough, sure it would be different for everyone but I swear without breakfast sessions in that first week I would have cracked[morning cuppa tea was one of my strongest triggers] after that it got easier but still took about 2months I'd say, before I stopped thinking about it. Having a beer/whiskey was my number one trigger so I just quit that at the same time....:wallbash: I never drank everyday so I found I never really missed it, I was still vaping everyday so no doubt that would have helped.

Now, no more cravings for brekkie cones at all!! Its so obvious it was the tobacco hit I used to crave in the mornings and during the day[on top of the filtered cigs]

Dont get me wrong, I still love my weed, love getting real wasted at times and other times just to get by. BUT that real compulsion to have a cone because you "need" one, it just isnt there anymore.

Put it this way, I reckon my caffine addiction is stronger than any urge to get stoned! I dont drink coffee but im a coca-cola fiend :wallbash: Only 2-3 cans a day but I gotta have them!

Give it a shot mate