^_^

Yeh like Gills said , put a layer ontop , it will decompose and the plant will love it once It's large enough to handle it ... also like Whiteskunk said , "resting" the patch for a little while is probably wize , gives you time to get the plants started well before they ahve to go in the ground (where there is more chance of Animals and other pests chewing on them) :)

Pots are all good , but like has been suggested ... a good size hole with the right ingredients I think will grow larger plants ... you can dig it as large as you like , and the plant will still try and bury it's roots into the more solid ground surrounding the hole and as the organic matter in the hole rots away it improves the soil around it (and helps break down hard clay and feeds worms that will help too etc etc ;)) ... all good.

But yeh , I know what your saying about the hard clay , hectic digging to be sure ...

There is no way I'm ever gonna dig a 3 foot cubic hole into clay lol no matter how keen I am lol ...

I dug a hole the other day , rough 1 & 1/2 cubic feet ... put the finer clay soil back in mixed with good layer of Seales 5 in 1 Organic Plant food and some other good stuff .. then just filled up the last 1/2 with less potent Potting Mix ... basically.

I think That's about the least I could do but still feel happy with it :)

Oh and a tip for less digging ... pretty simple , just build up a raised garden bed ;) ... I just put a couple of bricks around my growhole for an extra few inches of space ... but you could obviously raise it up all sorts of ways ... if you improvise with what's lying around you can save time money and effort and still grow the best plants in the neighbourhood :D (well , that's the goal at least heheh)

O.k. then , so much for a quick reply ... :peace:

There's quite a bit of different suggestions for soil mixes and growholes around if you do a bit of a search , nw.

As for the Pots , the bigger the better ofc ... but if whatever reason you might want/need to move them then the weight of a full one obviously should be considered and possibly a more light weight mix using perlite or something.

Anyhoo , Cheerz and all the best with it ^_^

Budman ^_^

P.s. Kiloppo , If you dig it in deep enough (which you should) that shouldn't be an issue I wouldn't think.

Just get the $9 pots from bunnings and cut the bottom off them put them halfway under ground and put more of subcools mix into the hole and fill ya pot if you put fish and all that shit in ya hole you are asking for all them feral animals to come around and dig up ya plant/s for a free snack ! GREAT IDEA ! the soil mix has all the nutes in it already i just feed a bit extra thrive during the flower phase to keep the P+K nutes up to them and the shit does'nt attract animals from miles around either ! The oppossums are gunna love you as well for putting out a free snack for them as well ...So grab some chicken wire and some strong stakes while your there getting the mix ingrediants and make 3ftX3ft X 5 ft cages to cover each plant . Then you'll need to water em as well so grab a fucken gardenmate water timer $28 and some black drip feed hose $4@ 20 metres and the fittings to match then go to ya BCF shop and get 5 portable camping showers and rig them up to ya timer and ya drip hose and you've got an automatic watering system ready to go set it to water ya plants each 2nd day at 5 ltrs and go back in a month to refill the camp showers ..you gotta wrap in plastic and throw dirt over them as well so they don't get hot water feeding ya plants and the weight of the dirt and crap on the bag keeps pressure on the bag which keeps the water feeding ya plant ! Easy as 123 !