how much time should people have to cast their vote?

7 days? less? more ??

Since we have a short time span to get organised for the rally at the NCPIC conference... if 7 days seems too long I'd suggest at least til midnight Sunday 9th Aug. That way people who visit the site on weekends have a change to participate.

What do you all think?

I hate to be the bearer of unpalatable news, but maybe the NPIC conference is a bit ambitious in terms of time regarding organising the group structure, aims etc.

I'm sure the NPIC will hold another conference next year (albeit in another state) and by then the group would be well established with it's aim and objectives and better able to make a more profound impact on the issue/s being discussed.

I would suggest that people attend, but maybe not as representatives of the new group.And has anyone thought of contacting the NCPIC and asking if they are able to attend the conference ex-gratia as an interested member of the general community?

And lastly if your wondering what my contribution will be........it's right here. I am unable/unwilling to participate in any organised activities due to my home activities (apparently illegal). I know that this is a cop out and some members will criticise my course of actions as being one of letting other people do the hard work but hey.....I've got no answer to this(unless a political party is formed and then I'll vote for ya's).

Please accept my apologies now, if people feel I am trying to 'derail' the process...this is not my intent. My intent would be to assist in getting things right, as another poster pointed out earlier that these groups (I have been involved in such groups) often start out with huge enthusiasm and energy only to fade away when things are not working how they should be.

Cheers.

Edited by flatcat_auz

I kinda agree with flatcat,

I think you guys are putting to much pressure on yourselves to be ready in just over 4 weeks.

Its a bit hard to organise something so important on such short notice considering quite a few people only pop in once a week or very sporadically.

Take your time, do it properly, it will make the cause stronger in the end.

Just my 2cents.

Whats the saying.. "Rome wasn't built in a day" ?

Wrangler.

Edited by Wrangler556

seen

babylons wall will fall in 1hr

we are not trying to build rome

so dont worrie

no sweat

if we can get the posters up 2wk before the confrience

we laughin

i have a url called officialcannabisresearch.com

Official Cannabis Research

but i really love

Cannabis Research Instute of Australia

with the aims of publisizing and promoting official cannabis research that otherwize gets suppressed

this is offcourse all the positive effects

including both recational and medicinal benifets proven by cannabis research

seen

we have rung the NCPIC from the embassy and emailed as well to get tickets

but they wont let us have our own speekers or workshops

so

we have to have our own little cannabis expo outside

as well as a name for we group

we need a name for this action

that people can relate too

and wanna come

like Cannabis Expo Rally

or

rock against proibation action

or

people for law reform rally

or......................?????????????????

what ever

seen

come on

dont be shy now

throw more up

what do you think???????

irey guidance

beauty plenty of time still.

Ha love that our own little expo outside.

Flatcat & Wrangler we have plenty of time and the hemp embassy is already on the ban wagon there is no turning back now changing of minds. If you want to help change Cannabis Laws Show up the rest of us will be there if not too bad for you it will be an awesome weekend .

We are just finalizing naming.

The Hemp Embassy are workshoping idea and bringing the bus along. We have dates and location the word will spread like wildfire.

Cannabis Expo Rally sounds cool to me, but why not the 1st National Cannabis Expo Rally. Let them know we come from all around Australia and that we are coming back.

BTW, if you google ncpic conference, the 3rd link you get is the thread from here called rally at ncpic conference, how cool is that, lol

Edited by jabez

"1st National Cannabis Expo Rally"

I love that i was also thinking we dont need a name for those that wanna make posters and share em we can add a name as soon as its decided.

"Cannabis Research Instute of Australia"

love that too

Keep the ideas flowing guys

Edited by LawnMowerMan