:)

Yeh C8 is a very good idea .. Well thunk :toke:

"Why the Law is Wrong?" ... hmm :) .. What law? ...

I see the point about having something other than what can be summed up in an acronym , and what Mongy said ... But I don't think that's a good one.

And I think Pures point about using the word "Cannabis" is worth consideration.

Just my thoughts. Nothing further to add at this point. lol

Cheerz :)

Budman :)

I know it is late in the game to be adding ideas, but what about something like the "C8" - (Cannabis 8). As in one leading group which has the other sub groups under it's umbrella, if you get what I mean.

medicinal - obvious

recreational - as a safer alternative

spiritual - religious purposes

industrial - ropes, plastics, soaps etc

environmental - biofuel, alternative oils etc

myths and misconceptions - debunking the propaganda

factual education - educational programs for public and schools

laws and regulations - how we think it should be controlled to stop kids getting it etc

hmmmm that C8 suggestion is interesting... the name is already taken for websites though as there is a c8.com.au.

can I suggest we reorganise that list and use C7 ?

medicinal - obvious

recreational - as a safer alternative

spiritual - religious purposes

industrial - ropes, plastics, soaps etc

environmental - biofuel, alternative oils etc

factual education - educational programs for public and schools (includes myths and misconceptions - debunking the propaganda)

laws and regulations - how we think it should be controlled to stop kids getting it etc

there appears to be no C7.com.au

No use compramising an all encompassing list just to have a name. I'm not sure if a name while awsome enough has to be first thing on the list. The name is nothing compared to the actual cause and before we are prepared and ready, a name is just a stepping block to actually getting the org going.

I really like the idea of all aspects of it in one group with seperate divisions its actually really smart noone will harm the others and everyone will have the same information.

At the end of the day the law is the problem because of an outdated and non changing pollitical system that has over stepped its big brother capacity.

Anyways to recap I don't think changing the list just to have a name is right

A few other name suggestions like maybe Fact not Fiction. or What's the real cost. I don't know something stronger than that something with balls.

peace

Edited by Priceadon2

So C7 is not that uniqe.

I was thinking of the G8 summits when I thought of that, and then had to think up enough reasons/subgroups. I noticed that c8.org.au is available, and that would be a better sounding site rather than a .com.au, which is for a business.

Regardless of that, I was just throwing the idea out there for discussion.

My personal favorite is stop - sensible taxpayers opposing prohibition. It says IMO, that we aren't a bunch of silly opportunistic hippies (no offense to all the hippy folk), that we are voting taxpayers and we oppose prohibition. But then again, I am biased on that one.

Just to jump onto domains a little bit , the options we have available to us are called Open 2LDs they are what is open to the general public, in Australia though ALL 2LDs are subject to eligibility criteria & for many of them including .org.au and .com.au domain names can be challenged which means that if mr c8.com.au made a case you where stealing their traffic and prove they have had the rights to the name longer they can challenge your ownership rights meaning you can loose your domain.

To be granted most of the decent 2LDs like .com.au .org.au .net.au ect we will have to register a company

My initial thought as I was unsure how quickly or costly a company formation would happen was leaning towards registering a standard domain like a .com or .org and then doing the .au 2LDs once things are organized and a name is registered we can worry about the .au suffix . I agree it's fantastic to go for a .org.au or .com.au depending on non-profit status approval for whatever group but generally the approach to protect yourself is to buy the .com as-well I'm just talking about the reverse

asn.au

For incorporated associations, political parties, trade unions, sporting and special interest clubs.

com.au

For commercial entities, such as companies (with ACN as registered through ASIC), and businesses (registered with state governments).

net.au

For commercial entities, such as companies (with ACN as registered through ASIC), and businesses (registered with state governments).

id.au

For individuals who are Australian citizens or residents.

org.au

For charities and non-profit organisations.

info.au

Not accepting new registrations at this time.

anyways just something to throw out their which will have a direct connection with the naming if we want a friendly domain

Since people have that idea of putting all those groups in one organization then why not something like the cannabis union. I know people are leaning away from using cannabis and that name would really make the word stick out, but using the phrase union would give a uniting feel, maybe?