Street weed, spun with tobacco?

I've never seen it sold mixed either..

I'm not sure about the addictability. I've smoked mixed weed a bit and get the usual tobacco headspins and the shitty feeling in my throat I used to get when I smoked tobacco. I don't feel like I have to smoke again though. It's all choice. IMO it all comes down to the individual's personality. MJ can be habit forming but then again so can anything else if you let it.

Some people have addictive personalties, people can become addicted to gambling for instance...

It can be a mental addiction, to the effect, not the drug itself.

:yahoo: Very true Wrangler. IMO anyone who claims to be 'addicted' to cannabis is either weak or a twit. It's alot easier to blame the cannabis than it is to admit it's they who are the problem. Mental addiction can't just be brushed aside of corse, it is real, by blaming the substance does nothing towards treating the real problem they have and in the process harms those who can and do use canabis resposibly with no issues, either as a medicine or as a safer choice of recreational drug by adding to the mountain of anti-cannabis 'addiction' scare reports published on a regular basis.

Peace MongyMan

:toke:

Very well said Mongy,

And I'm glad you said it because it elaborated on what I was going to repy after reading Wrangler and Salbox's comments. :)

Which is ...

Medicinal usage ... Cannabis is and has shown to be effective for certain medical conditions such as Depression and Anxiety and PTSD and OCD and probably more.

So where is the line drawn between Psychological addiction and a Medical dependance?

Kind of reminds me of what I was discussing with an older wize chap at the Pub one day ... about how the Unemployed ... sometimes referred to in the Australian slang derogatory term as "Dole Bludgers" ... and how this is such an unfairly accurate description of the vast majority of the Unemplyed people out there. Sure there are some slackers out there who leech from the system , but even corporate High-Rollers and "respected" business will leech from the system too it must be remembered , Money is the root of all evil ... and that works for all creeds and classes. Not to mention laziness.

Anyway , we went on to discuss cannabis and other drugs relating to this subject ... the old "Sitting on the couch all day , smoking Bongs , eating Munchies in front of the TV etc" thing is true for some .. but who is to say , these people may have the "mental" or "Psychological" problems that they may be compensating for by consuming a helpful natural medicine that they are/have possibly been persecuted for using , therefore possibly without proper information , even being forced into buying off of dodgy street dealers and the like and at risk of being criminilized for it , all for pursuing the need for a medicinal "fix" to suit the condition of their bodies which have natural Cannabinoid receptors right there in place for that purpose. :yahoo:

Anyway , I'm dependant on it .. but I might be addicted to it too , if in a medicinal sense .. I'm not sure where the lines can be drawn ... Like how much anxiousness is anxious and how depressed do you have to be to have depression ...

The BIG ... "Which came first , The Chicken or the Egg?" question surrounding Cannabis use and "mental" or "psychological" health has been considered this ... both by myself , and by others ...

Did the drug use cause the psychological promblems? ... OR ... Did the psychological problems cause the drug dependance?

By my use of wording there you can see the difference ... and see which one is most likely the correct question to be addressing considering the issue.

If Someone just sits around "Smoking Bongs" or whatever all day doing little else for a long period of time ... then there surely MUST be some issues with the individual there ... Many people won't realize that they are self medicating until later in life no doubt.

In saying that I might leave it there :peace:

Cheerz all,

Budman :)

P.s. Slightly off topic I realize , but I'm pretty happy with that reply .. might move that over to the Medicinal Activism thread , when the appropriate Topic is started ;) heheh ... No Worries , Stay Healthy Peoples. :D

I have always smoked my mull mixed with tobacco, unless i'm baking with it ofc. but yeh, just how i've always had it and I guess while i remain a smoker i will probably continue to.

I don't think the adding of tobacco plays as much part to pot's addictivness so to speak as much as (i got to this point and totally derailed my train of thought... blank! :yahoo: ) the physical, emotional and mental aspects of what pot offers a person. I've missed other examples as well, there are plenty more when you have a real think on it.

anyway... i think i've said what i wanted to say...

Oh.. never seen weed for sale with tobacco in it... be a bit dissapointed if I did i'd imagine as well and the person responsible would be receiving a strongly worded letter and loss of business

:toke: Pebbz :peace:

Psychological dependence on any mind-altering substance may be caused by an underlying depression or by psychological turmoil.

Patients who regularly use any medication may be labeled as medically dependant on that medication’s beneficial effects. Prohibitionists who reject the use of cannabis as a medicine may purposely misinterpret reasonable medical dependence as psychological dependence simply because cannabis is an illicit medication.

Im dependant on cannabis to relieve my pain as no other prescription medication ever has, but would also class myself as addicted to the positive effect it has on my life and how I function while using it. Just the way I think about it.

Edited by Wrangler556

As for the question about mixing with tobacco and addiction, I believe its a simple case of confusing the addiction. You become addicted to the nicotine, but because you consumed cannabis at the same time, your brain then associates the 2 as the same thing. Moreso in non-smokers(tobacco) But just as likely in people who do smoke.

I've only ever seen it in Amsterdam, in the pre-rolled joints you can buy.

As far as buying a bag with tobacco mixed in - YUK!!! I would never pay money for that.

Even the pre-rolled joints in Amsterdam are only good if you're in a hurry, because you have no way to tell how much weed is actually in there, and how good it is.

:)

i have never got tobacco with my weed also never bought weed chopped up already so it could have tobacco i also dont spin with it ..... why would you cut something that tastes sooooo good with something that tastes like ass!

That's great , although I'm a tobacco smoker I don't recommend for others to do so unless they want to , then , why not It's their choice ;)

But as for the tastes sooo good bit :) , While I tend to agree , Some Budz are absolute shit to smoke ... I'd probably prefer to smoke an ass ( lol ) hehehe , and I'd certainly prefer the taste of a cigarette over certain shitty Budz .. . But ofc i'll still smoke the "weed" if it's all I've got. :)

I like the taste of certain tobaccos ... It's an acquired taste .. just like how kids might not like Onions or mushrooms or capsicum or Beer as a Kid ... when they are adults they become more aware of the finer things in life and may really enjoy these things .

In saying that , Smoking Cigarettes is as addictive as anything , bad for your health ... and a just an all round shitty shitty habit.

But if It's REALLY so bad .. why am I just absolutely luvin' this Beer and this smoke right now? ... If It feels good do it. :) (It worked in the Simpsons episode , didn't it?)

It's freedom of personal choice ... just like it should be with Cannabis ... No more , No less. :)

Now ... time for another bong :)

Cheerz,

Budman :toke:

P.s. Worst thing about Tobacco? ... The Corporations being allowed by the Authorities to puposely put in Toxic Chemicals and Addictive Additives into the tobacco that is the only Tobacco we can have , because Guess what , growing your own tobacco is illegal too. ;) The fact that no one has a say in this except the "fatcats" shits me big time. The almighty $ controls what happens with everything , not the people. This is Not a Democracy. Time to rise up? ... nah , something good on telly tonight :P heheh ... and so on and so forth.

Bye 4 Now.

The only people I've ever known that don't spin in VIC are people who come from interstate. It's just the way it's done down here. But personally I think it's got something to do with the way it's smoked. Everyone I've known from adelaide have preferred pipes and smoked it green, where as all the Victorians I've known spin and prefer bongs. I always smoke my joints and pipes green but gongs are just better with a bit of tobacco.

It does make it extremly addictive BTW, I used to think I was incredibly addicted to herb but then I started smoking tobacco gongs when I had no weed and I was fine. There's a down turn to everything I guess.