Street weed, spun with tobacco?

I'm really worried about the accusations that 'weed' is highly addictive.

People tell me horror stories of people they know being addicted to it and not being able to get off it and needing help. My theory is that all these people always used it with tobacco.

But we all know studies confirm it is about as addictive as coffee. However I believe in australia its the norm to sell 'weed' as marijuana+tobacco. I myself have never bought off the streets so I am unsure.

I think weed spun with tobacco is hurting the reputation of cannabis and as such helping to prevent it from being legalised.

EDIT: you may have noticed I have edited out the poll and changed some things :yahoo:. Turns out I'm an idiot! but I still want to discuss the addiction.

Edited by Immortal

oh really? I was under the impression they usually add a bit of tobacco to make it look like there's more.

But that's okay if i'm wrong :yahoo:. I don't understand why people would willingly add tobacco to it.

why is that the norm? Because it really does seem like the norm in australia.

I think because people are adding tobacco to their weed that might contribute to the understanding that marijuana is 'highly addictive'.

Edited by Immortal

It is the norm in some parts of the country. I have a mate in Queensland I visit sometimes and everyone there seems to add tobacco to their mull. It is very rare to see people add tobacco here in South Oz. Even heavy tobacco smokers I know don't do it, reckon it ruins the taste. They prefer to smoke a cigarette after they finish smoking their green. It may be simple economics. High grade pot is literally half the price here as it is in queensland so be a very major contributor I think. But on the topic at hand here. I have never in my entire life heard of weed sold with tobacco. All the weed I've ever bought was sold in bud form for starters so would be a little bit weird if you saw tobacco all around your buds :yahoo: Edited by bloodshot_eyes

:toke:

I'm really worried about the accusations that 'weed' is highly addictive.

People tell me horror stories of people they know being addicted to it and not being able to get off it and needing help. My theory is that all these people always used it with tobacco.

Good theory. I reckon there may be a whole heap o' truth to that. :)

But we all know studies confirm it is about as addictive as coffee. However I believe in australia its the norm to sell 'weed' as marijuana+tobacco. I myself have never bought off the streets so I am unsure.

What ever gave you that idea? ... I've seen It a few times here and there , usually chopped up mull and something like a "It's got a bit of tobacco mixed in there that's why there's extra in the bag" ... Tell 'em to Fuck Off! ... Never pay for already chopped up weed (ESPECIALLY if it's got Tobacco in it. Fuck that.) and never pay $25 for a rigger , It's $20 and everyone who pays $25 is getting ripped off :) heheh

Anhyhoo , I have bought weed off "the street" about 5 times in the last 2 years .. a few of those were just a $20 to help dudes out :)

Self sufficiency Rulez! :yahoo:

As for the Addictive as Coffee thing ... where did you read that? ... I would think Coffee is Much Much more addictive than Cannabis. Ever seen a coffee addict without their Caffeine fix in the morning? also , See: Abby from NCIS ;) hehehe , she represents it fairly well (Groovy chick too) :)

I voted for the NEVER one ... I've never Bought it .. tho I've seen a few people try to pass it off. Very rare I've seen it.

Rightio then , Have a Good one ...

And Cheerz All :peace:

Budman :D

:yahoo: okay, i've edited my first post.

Topic changed to why people think its addicting.

Someone was telling me today that she has known people fully addicted to weed and unable to quit easily.

Another guy told me the same thing.

The biology of cannabis is not physically addicting though. wtf. It makes no sense to me. The only explanation I can come up with is that it's tobacco's fault.