outdoor harvesting/curing

Hello to all who let the ganja grow in peace, without stealing or persecuting the sacred herb.

I was wondering if any of you experienced 'bushies' have any tips on harvesting, drying and curing in the bush.

It does'nt sit very well with me having gone to great lengths to hide my crop well away from my place of residence,

to then bring all back to my home to process it.

I was maybe thinking a camo tarp covering it hanging from line between trees.

Problems I could envisage would be the weather being to wet or humid or maybe animals getting at it

Any advice or tips would be very appreciated.

God bless you and your buds.

It should be obvious why I dont want to bring all my crop home.

I would of course be keeping some in my house, but not all of it. I'd rather the cops take a weeks worth of my hard earned stash than a whole years worth.

Harvesting, drying and curing at my house I have done when I grew hydroponically. Not any more. As you all know its a messy, stinky, very time consuming, disrupts 'normal' social commitments. Meaning its very difficult to hide from neighbours, friends family, plod etc.

Let's just i can't bring it back to my house (in large amounts), a few ideas about how one might go about processing it out near where the crop is grown is what i'm looking for.

Some ideas since I last posted, would be to strip all the bud off the stem (after trimming) and hang them in those clothes net thingies died green. covered with a proper army camo tarp. Or I could learn how to weave palm fronds or branches to make a roof to keep the elements out.

Alright,

How many plants are you talking then? How remote is your grow area/how many people go near it, what are the conditions like, how often does it rain, is it windy? Whats the surrounding vegetation like?

First idea without any details, make a box or several out of wood with plenty of air holes, hang lines of string in the box, hang all your buds on the string(you may have to do a rough trim) put a lid on it, cover the whole thing with a tarp and peg it down with tent pegs, making sure there is some airflow under the tarp.... then hope it doesnt rain/invite mould. Prop it up off the ground slightly or make feet for the box too, and maybe put something around the feet, maybe even little dishes of water to stop bugs or nasties crawling in.

Hey Wrangler! Thanks for the imput.

Im scouting around for the site at moment. I have'nt had chance to suss the area out properly yet. So I have know idea how close my water source is yet, and hopefully its going to be within RAM pump range, so I can pump to a header tank to irragate from.

The area is in SE queensland sub tropics. We used to get 1200-1400mm a year rain average before the climate went, crazy, extreme and unpredictable.

The area is going to be fairly remote (not as much as i'd like), it has a good NE aspect though on a gentle slope so i will plant them on contour swales to catch as much extra water as poss.

I like your idea of wooden boxes as it would keep the buds very secure and shielded. Only prob really is making the boxes, not only in terms of my carpentry skills but in the issue of getting the boxes up there, or in making the boxes out at the site the noise of hammering sawing etc.

13 has always been a good number for me, so its not going to be an industrial size crop. But far too much too bring home with me.

Another idea that you just gave me is a easy clip together sealable shade house, with green shade cloth and camo tarp covering it.

Thanks again for your input, sites like this are sure good for brainstorming new ideas and systems.

You could probably just use black plastic tubs that you would find a local hardware/bunnings, just drill holes in them and easy to screw hooks in to hang lines. Even put mesh/flywire over any holes you make for ventilation, to make sure nothing gets at the buds.

Im guessing your main problem will be the weather/ rain and humidity, not sure theres much you can do about that being out bush.

Edited by Wrangler556

Ye, getting mouldy buds is the biggest problem I reckon.

Im liking the easy pop together shade house the more i think about it.

Green 100% shade cloth fastened to a light weight frame that all clip together easy to form a tunnel, then maybe mozzie netting on each end to improve air flow.

I got another idea! Simpler than designing and making some frame. Just a simple poly tunnel!

I'm thinking poly pipe bent between star pickets to make frame, camo tarp over it and then putting mozzie net on each end of the tunnel, giving the security but not restricting airflow too much (hopefully).

Edited by bunyaraas