Smoking - Medicinal Purposes - Help!

mudrunner253

Question

Hi all, I'm new to this so hope I'm doing this correctly???

Moved from Perth to Brisbane in Feb (for partners work) and am looking for any information on a GP, preferably north of Brissie to assist me in obtaining legal/prescription marijuana...

Due to a work related injury I had to have spine surgery in Sept '07 and after months of rehab & crap I've sustained permanant nerve damage & my backs up the shit with a registered 15% permanant disability...

I have a drawful of pills that I refuse to take & use marijuana to help with the pain and the constant nights of insomnia...

Due to not knowing anyone in Brisbane I'm having problems trying to score any weed - believe me I've been asking anyone & everyone - but it seems no-one smokes over here!?!

So now in desperation I'm gonna head to a docs with an overflowing file of medical paperwork and see if I can obtain it that way as I've given up on trying to get it privately due to the lack of choofers here!

My medical team in Perth knew I smoked to assist with the injury (it was easy obtainable there through friends) but haven't got a doc here as yet as not sure who to go see???

If someone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated as I'm struggling without my medicinal pipes & I really don't wanna start poppin the pills to start screwing up my kidneys, liver, etc etc etc...

Thanks for reading my post & any info would be truly TRULY appreciated...

Thanks

Suzi :bongon:

:crazy:

G'day Suzi,

Yeh mate , Is unfortunatly still illegal here (read around some of the recent topics about trying to change these laws etc) :D

Nimbin is the go ... that's garbage about the cops , as was said , just be your norml civil self and the risk is miniscule :bongon:

Go to the Hemp Embassy there and enquire about what assistance they may be able to suggest to you ... there are small Compassion Clubs all over the country but I think they may not be easily sought :D

However ... I beleive that at least in Nimbin you will have somewhere where many people base themselves because of the views commonly held and may know how to go about getting where you need to be :toke:

It's a great place and a nice drive aswell so just visit for the sake of it anyway ... :freak:

You can read around here in the forums for alot more info ... or better yet , locate yourself somewhere with privacy and grow your own medicine :) You'd certainly not be the only one doing it I assure you :/

Anyhoo , I think I started well but now I feel a little slow ...

All the best of luck to ya :peace:

Budman :ermm:

P.s. ... ummm , nah nevermind :doh:

Hi Darkestone,

Yep am seriously considering it as did so in Perth & plus had a lot of connections through mates which I don't have here unfortunately...

Just a damn shame about customs at the airport as have had to leave a shit load of weed & seeds in Perth - damn! :bongon: :crazy:

Have a great weekend,

Cheers

Suzi :freak:

:bongon: Unless you are terminally ill with cancer or HIV you have zero chance of getting legal medical cannabis in Australia. Even then it's almost impossible I'm lead to believe. Then if you do manage to get a permit for it, legally obtaining cannabis is almost impossible. If you do manage to jump all the hoops you get government 'mid-strength' (if that) crap weed.

As others have said, it's best to grow your own.

Peace MongyMan

Ps. You need to apply to the TGA (therapeutics goods administration) for medical cannabis in Australia.

I always thought it was illegal, full stop. But has anyone noticed when you get done, in the interview room they always ask you if you have a licence to legally grow/possesses cannabis? So I guess there has to be a legal way to obtain it, how ever hard it is.