Smoking - Medicinal Purposes - Help!

mudrunner253

Question

Hi all, I'm new to this so hope I'm doing this correctly???

Moved from Perth to Brisbane in Feb (for partners work) and am looking for any information on a GP, preferably north of Brissie to assist me in obtaining legal/prescription marijuana...

Due to a work related injury I had to have spine surgery in Sept '07 and after months of rehab & crap I've sustained permanant nerve damage & my backs up the shit with a registered 15% permanant disability...

I have a drawful of pills that I refuse to take & use marijuana to help with the pain and the constant nights of insomnia...

Due to not knowing anyone in Brisbane I'm having problems trying to score any weed - believe me I've been asking anyone & everyone - but it seems no-one smokes over here!?!

So now in desperation I'm gonna head to a docs with an overflowing file of medical paperwork and see if I can obtain it that way as I've given up on trying to get it privately due to the lack of choofers here!

My medical team in Perth knew I smoked to assist with the injury (it was easy obtainable there through friends) but haven't got a doc here as yet as not sure who to go see???

If someone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated as I'm struggling without my medicinal pipes & I really don't wanna start poppin the pills to start screwing up my kidneys, liver, etc etc etc...

Thanks for reading my post & any info would be truly TRULY appreciated...

Thanks

Suzi :bongon:

Your frign kidding me! So I can't even get it legally??? Shit shit & shit - that was gonna be my last resort!

I just thought that the docs would prescribe it here... that suxs! Maybe I've watched to much tv where I've seen it prescribed through the GP's...

At least in Perth we're allowed to grow 2 plants legally as long as there not under lights... I've also recently found out that here in Brissie I can't even buy smoking implements as it's against the law - go figure??? In Perth every 2nd shop sells bongs, pipes, stems, cone pieces, etc etc etc...

Ok thanks for the info - back to the 'ol drawing board!

As far as the Nimbin thing goes I've thought of that as that's where everyone tells me to go when I ask around but then I've been told that as soon as I drive in there to purchase the cops will be all over me???

Damned if I do and damned if I don't...

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated :bongon:

umm, i think you've been watching too much american t.v

been to nimbin many many times to purchase the herb and no problems, the cops know and as long as you're not an obvious dickhead you should be fine.

oh, you can purchase pipes, bongs, grinders etc in nimbin. go to the pub, they'll sort you out.

hey there dude, nimbin is cool during the week usually. no where in australia can you buy or grow legally. if nimbin is not your cup of tea try just down the road at byron or other coastal towns in the green triangle. this is the link to the sites own bong shop, http://www.bongsnthings.com/ , you should be able to get what you need there, i have used the shop a number of times, always super quick and the bpay option is awsome,( saves muckin round with money orders and shit). other than that just got to try and get to know the locals i'm afraid.

Hey thanks everyone for the advice & pointing me in the right direction... will definetly be sussticating what ya's have said and looking into it further...

It is so SO greatly appreciated!!!

Oh and if ya ever hear of a rally to frign legalise choof let me know and I'll be there with bloody bells on with files & files of medical papers and fighting like hell to get something changed... for medicinal purposes especially!

Thankyou so very very much...

Kindest regards from a 39 year old with what feels like a nearly 100 year old frign back!

Cheers & have a great weekend & if your fortunate to have any - have one for me! :freak:

Suzi :bongon:

i find hanging out in pubs helpful. you will be sure to find someone who smokes there. My mum works at a pub and she says there always blazing up outside while thier drinking you just have to move around and be careful how you ask.

Try being a little discreet .

That trick has gotten me out of trouble when interstate a lot

Don't worry about the coppers, they could get you anytime, doesn't matter where you are. Just make sure your cars road worthy and all that. Only been there once on a week day in the late afternoon and it seemed safe enough.

At least your close. It's nearly a $500 return trip for me, by that time Id only be able to get 2 weeks worth anyway. Still seriously concidering it though, :bongon: