Collectivise Guerrilla Growing knowledge

Just google "police helicopter cannabis"- Pages from Australia. You'll find newspaper reports of busts where the cops have used choppers.

The area around NSW mid-far north coast seems particularly prevalent.

Regarding FLIR, I'm pretty sure it's only used to detect heat from indoor grows. This involves looking for 'hotspots' that could give away an indoor grow. I don't think the cops in this country really do a lot of this, it's more an American thing.

Also, technology (different to FLIR?)does exist that can measure the reflective signature of vegetation. Cannabis reflects at a different wavelength to other plants. I'm not sure whether cops here use this technology though. I get the impression it's very much just the cops eyeballing the countryside for grows.

• Upvote 1

How do the choppers pick up heat from the ladies if everything around is hot as fuck anyway

In late January, things slow down due to summer stresses, Australias native bush is highly adaptable, conserves it`s reserves for the long dry season... Cannabis is a gross feeding herbaceous annual, not quite like anything else in the scrub... well except the next bloke`s plot...

Putting dope out in the bush with a heap of fertilizer and constant watering thru summer gives it away on IR...the rest of the joint`s dry as an arabs sandal, it`s the only thing growing rapidly...producing a lotta heat...to a trained operator, that`d show up like pissholes in snow...

JAIKAI

sorry dude but your explanation of how flir works is way off. alot of plants emit a different ratio of IR to R light due the differing spaces in tissues this is the plants unique spectral signature ( something like that i may be a bit off. THe technology is so sensitive it can even be used to detect maturity in commercial crops. I use a private company to do fly overs and then ue the maps to consult farmers and to direct areas of interest for tissue testing. the technology is more widely available tan u guys may realise too. the plane owner for the company we use contracts to the police also they can produce gps coordinated maps Edited by GIY

Interesting GIY, I'm sorry i may be a little too baked, but are you some how affiliated with spotting crops? any known areas of fly overs you want to tell, what operators look for? if they see 1 plant can they be positive it is actually dope or could it be an animal due to it emitting heat (if that is even right :blink:) .. and do they actually care about 1 or 2 plants?

Yawningman care to tell us where roughly the region is. Understandable if you don't.

Hey man

Sorry for the delayed reply, completely forgot i posted in this thread lol. Ahh south-west vic. More south than west :whistle: I was hoping to grow at home as i have a few acres of land but a certain family member doesn't like the idea of me growing at home, so if i want my babies to keep on then it's gotta be the bush.

I just read that the copper choppers work be detecting the resin the plants release when flowering. Which means while the plants still vegeing your a little bit safer. At least we can all agree they know how to spot plants, so caution is advised.

I'm really stumped for a spot, plenty of potential but they all come with their own types of risks and pros and cons and shit.

cheers, sorry for going off topic :nono: