what is the earliest i can plant outside

:/

G'day again,

That sounds the go , whack some out now and see what happens (best way to learn aye) :)

September moon I've heard of many times , seems to be the popular outdoor "summer" starting time ... as I said tho , depending on the conditions (and strain) ... starting at this time could yield a truly massive plant which is sometimes not wanted (sure ya can tie it down and trim it but that takes alot of space) , I know some who wait until November/December at the earliest for this reason ... would still get a Pound from a plant but without having to worry about keeping a Monster plant discreet ;)

I mentioned I put a small plant outside into full sun Mid-July ... It may have been late July looking back through my Pictures but it certainly Was July ... I'd obviously expect it would have still flowered given that July has well less than 12hrs of Sunlight hours , most of the time they would but this one didn't ...

Now , As for Flowering ... it depends on hours of Darkness as I see it :thumbsup: and Not on hours of Sunlight ;)

See that those guides are for Sunrise/Sunset and they don't take into account the actual Daylight Hours including twilight ... so I think that it is really a tough thing to measure across a broad spectrum , one would have to measure the lengths of daylight for the particular location that they live in ... lattitude , longtitude and Altitude and Structure etc all play a small part :)

From after June 21st (Winter Solstice) the "days" get approximately 1 and 1/2 minutes longer each day ... so you could just record one "daylength" (Dawn 'till Dusk) and just add however many multiples of 1.5minutes you need to take you comfortably over 12/12 light period :/

I hope that makes sense and IS actually correct , i think it is :bongon: heheh , someone will correct me otherwise.

I just walked outside before at approx 5:45pm and it is still just Twilight , I would call It dark tho as the twilight is no brighter this evening than the the Over-Half full moon ... I beleive the morning Twilight begins here right now at approx the same time , so by my figuring It will only be a few more weeks until the Actual Daylight Hours are well more than 12hrs :D heheh can't wait.

I should point out too that where I am now is not great for sunshine , my current plants are in flower and barely get 4 hrs of actual sunlight .. the weather has been very unkind to them but they should finish off o.k. I hope .. and on the other hand we have a few seedlings outside and they are growing very well with only half that daylight in the arvo ... the smallest seedlings have been started under fluro and moved outside , the ones that are cranking were just small pots with a seed stuck in them about 2 weeks ago and they are 1/2 the age and twice the size ;)

I didn't mean to ramble , I thought that this info might be helpful to someone to gain a better perspective about outdoor seasons ... that and I find it very interesting myself and wish I could experiment more :D I'll try and get some Pics up and keep ya'll posted as to what these seedlings do (Also got a comparison I'm keeping Indoors , but due to the Temperatures vs. Cf's indoors I'm betting that it's outdoor counterpart go better) :)

O.k. I'd better stop now :D

Cheerz all , and Happy Growing :bongon:

Budman :D

P.s Has anyone done the experiments of Flowering indoors under 12/12&15mins ? for example? I would like to see these experiments but can't say I have ever seen the specs. Cheerz.