what is the earliest i can plant outside

September at the earliest I think, however it might end up initially confusing the plant into starting to flower for a cpl weeks before reverting back to veg (esp. if it's already established when chucked out). I have heard that because of this it can be more rewarding to plant out a little later to avoid stunted growth. Edited by Gibbo

here mate http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astr...l=-11&day=1

this tells ya how many hours of light we getting, for cannabis not to flower they need more than 12hours, as u may know :D

I had this problem last year

I put some indicas out late September and they started to bud was a big waste of time,,

more sativa dominant strains can go out earlier tho as they are more sensitive to the photo period

if u gonna put em out during these times late september and early october id say make sure they get GREAT sun! :bongon:

kudos to ozstoners they schooled me up on this!

I usually plant the first weekend after the spring equniox. It'd be a safe time to plant at your latitude too. If you're vegging indoors, try to synchronise your light cycle to be similar to daylight hours. Vegging at 18/6 indoors and then throwing them outside where it's closer to 12/12 can trigger flowering.

It is a strain dependent thing. Some strains I've gotten away with planting in mid August, whilst others have still flowered when planted in mid September.

All the best. :bongon:

:faint:

G'day Vaughn,

Yah I agree pretty much with what has been said above.

It certainly is dependant on quite a few different factors ... Good points all round :(

Heheh , Geez your getting an early start too mate :sly: Winter Solstice , Shortest day of the year just yesterday :bow:

Keen , that's what I like to see ... It's probably not your goal but starting plants from now could yield an absolute Monster of a plant :wacko: In a years time you could have a 20ft tree ready to harvest :freak: heheh

I was thinking of putting in more seeds to germ today aswell , maybe take some clones too :D

Been wondering myself ... The Opposite of your question , asin when is the latest one should put their Plants Outside to Flower?? :bongon: I'm guessing maybe mid-July but have no idea really , not usually a Wintertime grower ;)

Oh and btw , From seed/seedling I can remember planting outside (in near-full Sun) as early as mid-July :wub: Was a Sativa but I don't see why an Indica dominant plant couldn't start around then also ;) (there was no issue with going to flower or stunted growth on that occasion).

SE Queensland along with NE NSW generally have Optimum growing conditions most of the year round , In fact .. where I grew up most growers will say you can basically plant Cannabis successfully outdoors for 12 months of the year :) There is maybe 2 weeks or so of the coldest month when frosts might occurr that probably should be avoided planting seedlings out in.

Anyhoo , Good Luck and Happy Growing :peace:

Cheerz,

Budman :D

Thanks for all the helpfull info, i might put these seedling outside now just to see what happens and when spring comes around il start some more seedlings

may i suggest maybe making one of your best females into a mother so by the time springs here you will have some clones on tap!,,

then there will be no male dramas and finishing times pretty much all the same,, think bout it :xcited:,, either way good luck

Edited by THE CHEF

i live in brisbane and am planing on growing outdoors and was wondering when to plant outside i have just planted the seeds now and about to start veging indoors so whats the earliest i can plant outdoors so that they grow ond dont start to flower.

they always flower this time of year...i just put 4 in 2 weeks ago and they have buds already.

all i can do is tip it and try get as much as i can out of it...and plant twice as many plants coz they dont grow very big this time of year.

...but you do live in brizy so the suns long n bright up there, good luck.

being bridbane temps shouldnt be too much of an issue but if you throw them outside now they will sureley bud. A wise grower once told me the first full moon in september and i have always done my outdoor grows by that and never had an issue. But i am in NSW i get winter long seedlings where i live if i put them outside now its just to cold. Throw a heap off them out you will get a heap of little bud plants and still have time to get in for the summer season.

good luck