Survey on quitting cannabis

This is a completely different project -- it has nothing to do with the project I'm running. I haven't told you any lies and am a bit over the hostility. Don't you have anything better to do than sit on your computer writing abuse? This will be the last you'll hear from me.

Please tell all the educated idiots you work with that your fucked up surveys aren't popular here as they're not regarded as real science,

and don't let that door smack you on the arse on the way out.

WTF seriously guys, just shut the fuck up.

Why do you feel such pleasure in harassing her. You are not doing anything for our cause by making sexist remarks or just outright insults.

This thread has lowered MY feelings towards a lot of you, imagine what it would do to anyone else reading this.

In other words, make some constructive criticism (see: littlbits post) or fuck off.

Edited by luciddreaming

I agree totally with you lucid. I have been sitting back and mystified with some of the criticism leveled at one individual. For those who keep banging on about marijuana being a 'safe drug' well let me burst you bubble and say for some people it's not (in my own personal opinion). I have been privileged to work in community services for 10yrs and the last 2 in a non-clinical mental health service. It's there I worked with individuals who had psychotic mental illness. One client had been 'stable' for about 18mths when he decided to start smoking cannabis again. Within 2 weeks he was hospitalized with severe delusions/paranoia.He was hospitalized for about 5 weeks as they had re-adjust his medication.And before I get people starting to say it could have been this or that, during his 18mths of wellness he had been medication compliant (fortnightly injections) and his social and personal aspects of his life were fine, no undue pressure or stress. The only factor that had changed was that he starting smoking cannabis again. For the first 5 day's he was actually ok.......but then his grip on reality started to slide....to the point where here was seriously paranoid and delusional. Once well he even stated that it was in his own word 'cannabis which brought me unhinged'.

Now I not here to start debate about what caused his psychotic illness to start with as I don't know but what I have witnessed was that this individual (and others who I have come in contact with personally and professionally)needed to stay well was simply that he cannot take cannabis. In terms of 'dangerous' drugs it is my personal opinion that ALL drugs are dangerous. If you unable to hold a job, support yourself, maintain relationships etc then its' time to re-evaluate your current drug of choice (some people wise up pretty quick and others unfortunately never do). People also need to be reminded that psychological addiction can be just as hard as physical.

Well that's it.....I just set myself up to be flamed.....ah well they call it democracy apparently.

And just for the record I do smoke and provide my own. I also have a physical disablilty and cannabis does have a pain relief factor to which I benefit from.

Edited by flatcat_auz

Well, CBD has been shown to be an anti-psychotic equivalent or better than the current pharma anti-psychotic drugs on the market. This is why we say it is almost harmless. Not completely, because nothing is. But if the government just used harm minimisation tactics. Like saying, if you absolutely must smoke Cannabis, and have a history of schizophrenia in the family, smoke the heaviest Cannabis Indica because it has a higher level of CBD. Whereas Sativa has higher THC and lower CBD which can't be good for schizophrenia.

And I agree with your last bit. If your drug taking impedes on your ordinary life i.e job, eating, exercise, relationships. It can be harmful. If it helps you with these things, more power to you. And I know Cannabis helps a lot of people. We just need proper information and not bullshit. Which is why I am trying to get through to people here that the NCPIC website is one of the least propaganda-ish websites I've ever seen that is government funded.

Lucid I agree totally with your advice re usage, and have always maintained that if it has adverse impact on your health stop and if it is beneficial continue as it is NOBODY else's business.

My problem with the NCPIC is the P.

If they called themselves National Cannabis Information Centre and published pro and con medical at least a balance and the peer reviews of those studies so mr joe public can go and get the the full information along with things like you suggested about strain management for harm minimisation. If they drop the P we may just believe they are objective. until then snowflake, hell, chance.

Yes Cannabis is not completely harmless, it has an LD50 somewhere between that of air and water, each of which have killed more people world wide in the last 12 months than Cannabis has in recorded history.

One client had been 'stable' for about 18mths when he decided to start smoking cannabis again. Within 2 weeks he was hospitalized with severe delusions/paranoia.He was hospitalised for about 5 weeks as they had re-adjust his medication.And before I get people starting to say it could have been this or that, during his 18mths of wellness he had been medication compliant (fortnightly injections) and his social and personal aspects of his life were fine, no undue pressure or stress. The only factor that had changed was that he starting smoking cannabis again. For the first 5 day's he was actually ok.......but then his grip on reality started to slide....to the point where here was seriously paranoid and delusional. Once well he even stated that it was in his own word 'cannabis which brought me unhinged'.

Thc which is a known psychotic aggravating substance as is Ananamine (from the Latin for Bliss) which occurs naturally in the human body and is one of the main endo-cannabinoids. As Lucid said CBD is an Anti psychotic and comes in high quantity in indica strains.

If your patient flipped out on cannabis the most likely cause is not the cannabis itself per se but the interaction between the cannabis and the meds he was on to "Stabilise" him. if he had taken any other psychotic/anti-psychotic medication (including alcohol) along with his prescription meds he would also have become unbalanced again, to allocate blame to the cannabis for the bad interaction is just bad science,

There are too many other variables including the strain and state of the bud consumed, tainted(intentionally or accidentally) or not.

Rule 1 if ya gunna mix ya drugs and things go bad, blame ya self not the drugs, the drugs did NOT mix themselves!!!!

Edited by lightning

Of course there are people who should not use cannabis.

There are also people who should not use:

Tobacco

Alcohol

Dairy products

Peanuts

Wheat

Soy

Etc etc etc

There will always be people against cannabis just as there will always be people for it.

My opinion is this; it is a total waste of time taking part in any research or surveys because nobody is going to change the opposite sides mind.

I must say that to think that a interaction between anti-psychotics and cannabis caused this individuals symptoms is in the case that I sighted is incorrect. If anything the anti-psychotics actually in my opinion made him held it together longer than if had not been taking them. I have also seen medication free individuals who have had an episodic drug induced psychosis become unwell (after long periods of being symptom free)after consuming cannabis (no other drugs involved).

But it's pointless continuing this line of debate as I can only comment my anecdotal experiences.

It is also my experience that some people who have a mental health issue and use cannabis (not all M.I suffers)do get temporary symptom relief and therefore I do believe that a link between the two exists. My personal belief is that the active ingredient (it may well be CBN) whatever it turns out to be needs to be used in isolation. Again from my workplace experiences regardless of the type of cannabis used for some individuals it causes issues.

I could go into the "well I have research here that say's this and I have seen studies that say that" but as lucid last sentence ended with 'because nobody is going to change the opposite sides mind' sums it all up.

I said this before and I'll say it again it is my personal opinion that ALL drugs are bad to some people some of the time.

Well, that was a good read.

A: I wouldnt do a survey for an organisation who is so obviously biased.

B: A few of you guys keep saying that marijuana isn't addictive... What exactly is your definition of addiction?

First definition i googled was "being abnormally tolerant to and dependent on something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming". Well, according to definition and my personal experience it is.

I would say i am addicted for sure. Though not in a bad way, someone compared marijuana addiction to heroin i believe, like i wouldn't rob sombody if i couldn't get a fix for eg. That said, the times that i have stopped smoking pot have been some of the most traumatic in my life. Unlike what most of you are saying, for me giving up the dakka is certainly NOT a walk in the park.

C: At age 18 i was hospitalised with a marijuana induced psychosis. Before i get shot down, this happened due to the extraordinary amounts being consumed, was my own stupid fault, and i learned from it. (And yes i am a normal, work for a living, functional person.)

I smoke pot everyday. I love it.

I suffer from severe depression/anxiety and have tried all the medication the docs can throw at me. The stuff is either too addictive to continue treatment or has really srewed up side effects. Pot is my medicine for sure. It's just up to me to not smoke it to excess.

It is use in moderation that is the key.

Well, i don't have any scientific research to back me up, but that is my personal experience and my 2 cents worth.

Peace out :bongon:

Edited by 420 HELI

You will get no respect on this site unless you are willing to debate.

Sally gets abused every second or third post here. Why would she be willing to debate? I wouldn't. I'm rapidly losing respect for some people here myself.

Why do you feel such pleasure in harassing her. You are not doing anything for our cause by making sexist remarks or just outright insults.

This thread has lowered MY feelings towards a lot of you, imagine what it would do to anyone else reading this.

In other words, make some constructive criticism (see: littlbits post) or fuck off.

I totally agree with lucid here. Some of the comments in this thread just make us look like idiots.