Survey on quitting cannabis

Guess it would just be too out there to include people who have had no problems comming on and off of cannabis many times over 15-20 year periods and more in the survey.

Probably wouldn't do much to help you guys next time funding is needed for studies, we get why allot of places do biased reasearch at the end of the day you would loose your funding. God forbid a statistic in Australia showed positive news for cannabis. You can pretty much map the results of reasearch done by government funded reasearchers to the legality of the drug in that country , anywhere it's illegal anything positive people simply don't want to hear and when it does rarely happen that group then magicly looses their funding.

Yet at the same time doctors and pharmasutical companies are given licences to deal drugs that are deemed safe because they are more profitable than dangerous it's not till the lawsuits pile up to that unacceptable level that anything gets done.

Why don't you stop going after the easy target and try and do some good with your work , there are plenty more people out there that currently need treatment for varied amphetamine and opiate habits that would love help and for the government to show some intrest in treatment because what they have at this point is a Joke for both

A cannabis user at worst goes through a mental withdrawl and short term iratability caused by that, similar to if somone that has a coffee daily feels if they don't have that coffee

The fact your trying to pass yourself off as somone that wants to help I personaly find insulting considering the organisation that your representing. Your not actually going to do anything to assist people giving a survey or give them any sort of help in quiting if thats what they want, your just going to manipulate their data as you see fit to give the results you want. Personaly I think the government funding a company like yours is a joke and is money that could be better used in other public service areas or studies, essentially all they pay you for is false and biast data.

People who "WANT" to quit cannabis as you put , most of the time simply do and we get peopel who come here and ask for help WHO WE HELP LIKE ANYONE ELSE and not by using them for surveys.

The fact there is no room for a person like me and many people here on your survey who have quit and started again when they wanted to without issues prooves my point entirely

Good stuff pure

My time line is a bit smaller, but yes i have started and stopped 3 times in my 13 years since first using cannabis.

( why i WAS going to do the survey)

Within the last year i took it up again simply because i knew that it would help with my pain relief, cause nothing

the LEGAL drug dealers were feeding me helped.( in fact caused me more harm than good)

The only mental issues i have with cannabis is the same, some minor irritation after a few days of going without.

At this stage of my life mostly because i feel pain again.

Also the only other mental issues i may have are caused

by the fact that its illegal. Like the slight paranoia associated with being caught and prosecuted/persecuted.

So these fine points and nuances associated with my use and i would assume everyone has there own set

they are not going to show up in there crappy one sided statistical data.

I completed the survey. Some good bits but overall pretty frustrating. Someone needs to go back to survey school.

The lack of information on the NCPIC website is astounding (unless i can't find it). Why isn't there a balanced view of dangers and benefits? Why no mention of some of the well documented medical uses? Why isn't there a section for harm minimisation advice?

Why is the NCPIC stuck in a Howard/Bush era war on drugs paradigm? It is quite obviously based on a particular political view.

Maybe its about time the organisation evolved or was discontinued. Maybe we as taxpayers should write to the relevant minister and ask some questions? BTW who is the minister in charge? Health minister?

LOLMG, ROFLCOPTER etc.

Read this from the survey section of the site.

We do not anticipate that the questions will cause you any discomfort. However, if you are feeling distressed at any point during or after the study, you can contact the Cannabis Helpline on 1800 304 050. The helpline is available from 2pm to 11pm Sunday to Friday. If you need help outside of these hours, please call Lifeline on 131 114.

This questionnaire will take around 45 minutes to complete. As compensation for your time, you will receive a $20 Coles Myer voucher, which will be sent out to you after completion of the questionnaire.

:yinyang: what do they think? The memories of the horror of quitting Cannabis will suddenly come rushing back causing a massive freakout?

Pfft. They really do believe the shit they empty out of their mouths.

Also, Sally, this question is fucked.

55. I quit “cold turkey”:

Never

Seldom

Occasionally

Frequently

Repeatedly

Occasionally, Frequently and Repeatedly imply that you've tried to quit cold turkey many times and it failed. The question should be changed to just 'yes' and 'no'.

EDIT: Ok guys, I've just checked out their site and I think we should all stop critcising her/them so strongly.

It actually is quite scientific. For a Go-over-men-t funded website anyway.

There are a few outdated things on there, like the link between Cannabis use and cancer, which has been proven false; Cannabis smoking does not cause cancer. Then there's a few mental illness things as well.

But yeah, all in all it's not a propaganda website by any means.

I think we should be supporting things like this. The attitude would change if that was the main source for Cannabis information, believe me. Right now people just go to the government website and see all that bullshit on there, or watch the ads on TV. And that is NOT good.

Edited by luciddreaming