I've never smoked pot: Crean

SIMON Crean may have attended university during the swinging sixties but the Federal Opposition leader says he did not smoke pot.

Unlike former United States president Bill Clinton - who once confessed to smoking marijuana but not inhaling it - the Monash University graduate did not experiment with the drug.

Speaking in support of a NSW trial using cannabis for the treatment of chronic pain, Mr Crean said his asthma, which almost killed him as a young boy, had prevented him from smoking.

Asked directly if he had ever used cannabis, Mr Crean replied: "No I haven't. I'm an asthmatic.

"I always had an aversion, and still do, to any form of smoke."

However, the opposition leader said although he thought the NSW trial was constructive, he would not decriminalise cannabis on a greater scale should he take office.

"No, I wouldn't go that far at all," Mr Crean said.

"But I think this issue needs to be addressed sensibly and I think the initiative announced yesterday by Bob Carr makes sense."

Cut the man some slack.

He didn't say anything about not wanting too, just couldn't due asthma.

If he looks either side of him, statistically one of em's a toker.

Labor has been without a charismatic leader since the keating days, there's a dude that new how to kick little johnnies ass.

I got an idea that could save medicare some money boys. Legalise MJ for the pain management of sufferers of terminal conditions and inoperable/untreatable severe pain.

Ask anyone thats been on morphine if they had the option which would they choose? At least one in three would choose MJ.

Two cones of BOG's lifesaver will keep em busy for a bit.

Guest Wilderbud
Ask anyone thats been on morphine if they had the option which would they choose? At least one in three would choose MJ.

Marijuana is not addictive and treats pain but the shit costs $200/wk for this effect so it doesnt stop the suffering. The Law provides the suffering when youre in pain.

Legalize it! :mellow:

Firstly I'll say I ussually support labour (lowere house) then the greens or democrats (upper) then other parties (except one nation) and put libs last in state and fed elections.

If a few of you would think back to the last election labour and beazley were way ahead of lil johnny and his posse it wasn't until tampa and 911 that the poles drastically swung their way after their ultra-rightwing stand on refugees, from changing the areas they could come ashore and claim refugee status to spending millons on the pacific solution and the concentration camps here also, this govt has done some deplorable things to other ppl.

And don't get me started on these changes to the senates powers, other states have abolished their upper houses (egQLD) but this take a change to the constition ie a referendum and usually almost always these fail unless there is overwhelming public support. So what does our lil mate j.HO do he runs a scam to get around this small problem by simply enacting legislation that effectively cuts the senates balls off with the houses in their present configuration on ya jonnie.

So what does our lil mate j.HO do he runs a scam to get around this small problem by simply enacting legislation that effectively cuts the senates balls off with the houses in their present configuration on ya jonnie.
You gotta hand it to the snivelling little weasel, he knows how to slime his way through. I'm usually a labour voter also (green vote goes to em' anyway), still pissed that Beazley didn't make it. Because I do find Simon Crean to be an absolutley useless leader, and pollie :)

Quite honestly, the new stance the government decided to take on refugees was absolutley disgraceful. What happened to basic human compassion? The state some of those children come out in, and the fact that they're even there, locked up, is inhumane.

I will admit, fair enough, it has seemed to have just about stopped them coming into Australian waters. But it's a pretty hard and nasty line to take.