Gout Tablets

Anyone used gout tabs on their outdoor crops?I heard it induces polyploidy in cannabis like colchocine.

I heard a woman died in Inverell from smoking some Polyploid dope a few months ago.

Just interested if anyone does it , from here?

A picture of a colchicine plant:

http://www.overgrow.com/edge/gallery/685328/ColchicineTreatedThai.jpg

Regards

Kash

Edited by Kash

Howdy,

There has never been no proof that polyploid plants have a higher potency. There is proof that they produce more fibre, and grow more vigourously. But nothing on the potency.

A plant that has been treated with colchicine and lives is not smokeable. That is why the woman would have died. Not the ploidy of the plant. There is also no way to proove if descendants of a colchicine plant are polyploid. Leaf Mutations doesn't necessarily mean they are. Generally, fucking with ploidy of plants is pointless. If you want good strains go for selective breeding not fucking gene mutations.

As for the gout tablet, I have heard its true. I've also heard snake venom works. Watched some buds go black almost instantly watching someone try that one. I'd steer clear of it all. Colchicine can be found in some native australian daisy's. I'd avoid it all. Its meant to be like 1 in 1000 seeds survive in the first place.

No plants are naturally polyploid and strains that have been colchicine treated aren't polyploid anymore. Blueberry is not a polyploid.

Anyway, if you try to make a polyploid and a seed is still viable after colchicine treatment. Don't smoke that plant!!!!! use it for breeding and see if subsequent generations are improved.

white_cluster Posted on May 23 2003, 01:56 AM

There is also no way to proove if descendants of a colchicine plant are polyploid.

How about looking at the chromosomes with a high powered microscope? Counting them would tell you in a short time, wouldn't it? I mean, if you were trying to produce polyploid plants in the first place, you'd go to the effort of having a way to know if the plants were polyploid or not, wouldn't you? Otherwise it becomes kind of a moot point.... You don't know if you do, and if there are minimal phenotypical difference between normal and polyploid you never will.... Just thought I'd pipe up and add my two cents....

Oh and you also said,

Colchicine can be found in some native australian daisy's.
Do you know which ones? It would be easier to get the cholchicum (Crocus, the same genus as saffron) species which it's usually derived from and then extract that if you were going to use something. Not that you want to, though, as the stuff is deadly as.

...strains that have been colchicine treated aren't polyploid anymore.
What do you mean by this last statement? Just wondering....

Anyway, not meaning to rain on your parade or anything, whitecluster, you've given the lad good advice. Just wanted to ask a couple of things...

I don't think anyone has ever made true breeding polyploid strains. If they have I'd like to see it. I dont know about that looking at the chromosomes business, know nothing about that kinda stuff. I've just read that ploidy can only be determined in labs.

But I just think its crazy, You'd need a lab to make this kind of thing.

And no I dont know what daisy, I knew this old hippy who had an old book that had pictures of the plant and called it some australian daisy. The book was real old and tattered and pre 1970. I think its all bullshit. If that crocus plant has yellow and white flowers thats probably what this guy meant. I think its about as real as snake venom.

If polyploid pot is more potent then why isn't every strain polyploid??? Its all a load of shit. Crazy old ideas that shouldn't be brought up again, like grafting cannabis with hops.

white_cluster Posted on May 23 2003, 07:01 AM

I dont know about that looking at the chromosomes business, know nothing about that kinda stuff. I've just read that ploidy can only be determined in labs.

Usually true, because labs have the necessary equipment for identifying and counting chromosomes. (Really good microscopes, and other cool labby stuff.) Do you know much about ploidy? Diploids, tetraploids and triploids?

And no I dont know what daisy, I knew this old hippy who had an old book that had pictures of the plant and called it some australian daisy. The book was real old and tattered and pre 1970. I think its all bullshit. If that crocus plant has yellow and white flowers thats probably what this guy meant. I think its about as real as snake venom.

Crocus is a small bulbous plant, with short stemmed flowers, usually blue or purple, with few short green leaves. No relation to the daisy family. I can't ever recall hearing that native daisy species have colchicine in them, but hey, it's an organic chemical, so it's entirely possible.... Snake venom? I'd like to know how they manage to get that! ::):

Its all a load of shit. Crazy old ideas that shouldn't be brought up again, like grafting cannabis with hops.

I don't think that creating polyploid strains is something that homegrowers should be doing, aside from being dangerous, it's bloody difficult and time-consuming. Mind you, seeing as there have been no independent studies on the subject that I am aware of, aside from good ol' warmke and his bloody killfish, (I'm not calling it independent, but at least it was a study.... of sorts.... not really, anyway...) we shouldn't necessarily dismiss polyploid strains as fantasy. It was absolute fantasy to do this to orchids not that long ago, and now they're finding out some of the species are actually in both diploid and tetraploid forms, in the wild. Of course, orchids are not Cannabis Sativa, but the potential is there. Maybe the polyploid strains won't be that useful for drug types, but it could be helpful in fibre production. And hey, you just never know. IMHO

Snake venom?  I'd like to know how they manage to get that! ::):

About 5 years ago I knew a guy who was milking a little clarence brown into a vial. He told me that is why they call durban poison "poison". He didn't know anything about the fact he could only smoke the offspring of a mutated plant. Luckily it died in no time and he didn't get to smoke it.