hooking up fluros to power

Yeah, sorry about that everyone. I'd just had a bit of a yelling at by the missus.

Anyhoo, came across like a cunt.

I edited out the bits where I wrote brown wire. Cos I dont wanna kill no-one but yeah, I think its safe none the less. cos your only gonna touch the powerswitch and if it don't work you'll turn it off. The only way you can get electricuted is if you don't earth it and one of the wires comes loose while the power is on and touches the metal casing, and you shouldn't be touching it if that is happening.

But yeah, I can be a cranky cunt sometimes.

take care

Yeah, sorry about that everyone. I'd just had a bit of a yelling at by the missus.

Anyhoo, came across like a cunt.

I edited out the bits where I wrote brown wire. Cos I dont wanna kill no-one but yeah, I think its safe none the less. cos your only gonna touch the powerswitch and if it don't work you'll turn it off. The only way you can get electricuted is if you don't earth it and one of the wires comes loose while the power is on and touches the metal casing, and you shouldn't be touching it if that is happening.

But yeah, I can be a cranky cunt sometimes.

take care

lol @ WC, shit happens mate!

take care Mozz

I have 3 CF and none of the sockets have a earth...... Is it really needed tho as the sockets are plastic so is the ballast on CF.... I have it all wired up pretty damn good aswell

No way it could make a fire...... Im so damn paranoid about my house catching on fire lol

Thanks

CF's are like standard filament light globes in that they don't require an earth, your standard fluorescent tube fitting needs the earth because of its metal case.

http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/ruinkai/coolgleamA.gif

There's always those safety switches at bigW you can get esp for situations where you might get shocked... hehe sorta like nappies for budding sparkies..hahaha

safety switches are to stop melting wire and fires not protect against electrocution. You can still get zapped with a safety switch.

thnx for all the help guys !!!!!

Its all sweet now, and all we really needed was a power-cord for each fluro. I had a few spare computer leads and they did the trick, I think White Cluster explained it like we did it. Easy as piss.

Anyway the babies are in their 4th day under lights and they are loving it.

The temps hover round 75-80F with no additional air-flow, other then opening the door once / twice a day. Noticed all the heat is generated by the light fittings/ballasts..... the bulb puts out zero heat.

Thnx for all the suggestions green-Fumbs, IF this lot is a success, I have this site to thank.

Lok