@ bufo , ive seen your grows and troubles, in your case im betting it was grower fault , not everyone can grow great cannabis , sorry about that , perhaps you need to study more or something..

In case you didnt know, ducksfoot is a variety of cannabis that shows the webbed leaf trait ,, no one ever said its the only one, it is a recessive trait that cannabis shows , its been seen before , in fact if you read some marijuana botany youll see robert clarke has written some neat instructions on how to maintain a webbed leafed plant ,, and yes it was written before i saw ducksfoot.

You really have to read more bufo to take part in such discussions , its just not fair to you .

Ive seen a few unfavourable reports on ducksfoot , most just didnt follow the instructions i posted , the rest of the reports were very good .. cant please all the people all the time .

I've grown plenty of great pot Duck, this is what you seed whores do though, your like a politicians, except a lot stupider and more obnoxious :D don't try and change the focus from your crap Cannabis to my growing skills.

Thinking back now, I tried some Ducksfoot from Queenslander, remember him? dumb arse newbie like me with a fricken greenhouse full of 15 footers, and guess what? his Ducksfoot was shit too :yahoo: maybe he didn't read your instructions properly either? :peace: this is too much, I need to go get some mud boots on to wade through the shit in this thread

Wally, you make some valid points. Maybe it was a mistake to grow a ducks cross indoors. Maybe I should have blamed the Blue satellite part of the cross. The reason I didn't is because the Satellite has such a good reputation. The buds definitely ripened properly indoors. The plants actually grew quite well. It was all great until I smoked it.

I am intrigued that you call Ducksfoot a tropical sativa though. How did Ducksfoot originate?

if you have a look i do still sell ducksfoot, there are no crosses of it available.

Do you mean at seedboutique? I have not seen Ducksfoot sold there as a Wallyduck product for years. It certainly isn't there now. There is a webbed indica cross. Is it avalable elsewhere?

so you grew them indoors , a mainly equatorial sativa cross and did no good ,, nothing amazing there , i see it all the time , you should search the boards and check out folks trying to reproduce an equatorial climate indoors ,, it just doesnt happen man ,

i'd always like to grow outdoors however I have seen some excellent sativa or sativa dominant plants grown indoors. It can be done. I'd happily try some of DJ shorts sativa dom strains indoors.

Edit: not sure of my facts so I deleted a few sentences. :D

Grown out Ducksfoot wasn't all that impressed did the c99 x ducksfoot which was also given to me and was reasonably happy , doign aus blue in a run soon but I actually didnt know it was ducks foot as I was gifted those and never did any reasearch.

I have to say that I think it boils down to a premature release of the genetics and the fact they are woring with such a ressesive gean that improving it 60%of the time forces out the leaf traite which you then have to get back , People like Mongyman have been working with similar lines substantially longer longer than eighter wally or fet and in the end what he is still trying to get 100% is what all the people I have spoken to seems to have complained about both with ducksfoot and dizzle which share similar heratige.... tough plants with not all that much potency which is pretty much what I have heard about ducksfoot to date unfortunatly

Ill definately admit it wasnt easy to keep all the traits pure, as you say im sure fet and mongy man are in a similar boat.. not enough room to grow enough plants , keep enough stock to do it as we would like too ..

It takes a fair bit of inbreeding to keep a trait like that constant, and yes if your not careful youll loose a lot of valuable ones along the way .

I would do it a little differently next time.

with that mongy weed , fets weird vine and ducksfoot its starting to look like australia is the home of the mutants , hope that has no reflection on us folks from here ... ;) ..

the web leaf comes from only 1 region on the planet

the border ranges between pakastan and afganistan known as the KUSH mtns

only 100% pure kush has web leaves

as soon as you cross kush with any other strain it the progeny will not be webed

only 100% pure kush has web leaves

there are many diferent varieties within the kush strain

hindu kush from the nth

mazza from the afgan side

border black from the pakey side

there are many many more

and when you find a throwback in yah seedlings

alltho it is a pure kush

it has actually inheareted trates from the other variety geens that was used in the cross

that is how a breeder would add trates to a strain like kush

and also how bad trates are introduced

thats why some kush budz dont come up to standard

kush is very good for breeding hybreds

as for smokin kush

well thats a personal taste ting

1 ting to consider is that

the famous afgani black putty

comes from kush

i love kush

irey guidance

I have always thought they would have come from some sort of indica , most likely and afghani , however no one has mentioned seeing any apart from hawaii .

dead right that the webbed leaf is just a display , other traits can be from different varietys crossed into the gene pool , ive had webbed plants with c99 traits etc etc

theoretically one could breed desirable traits into a webbed variety to encourage it to finish indoors properly , smell different , gain more resin etc but you need a large area and a lot of plants to accomplish it properly ..

hey radic ,, i was just thinking it might pay to ask sam skunkman about where the strain was from he found webbed cannabis in , given he and robert connel clarke wrote quite a lot on how to breed a webbed variety true , im guessing an indica as you mentioned . but ill ask and report back ..

At last, an honest, and now interesting discussion on the webbed Indica.

Carry on

thanks bufo,

when i first found the webbed cannabis i used i did a bit of a search around to see what had been mentioned about it before,

i wrote to sam skunkman and asked him had he seen anything like that ,

he said he had but didnt see a use for it .