Hello Kansasgrown. Ducksfoot isn't a landrace. In fact we don't have any landrace varieties in Australia to my knowledge. You could try the breeder Wallyduck. He has a forum at icmag.com.

For what its worth, I have tried a Ducksfoot cross that was one of the most disappointing smokes I've had. It did have the cool webbed leaves, however they wouldn't really fool anyone. It still looked like pot growing.

Good luck with that.

i grew duckfoot a hwile back

wasnt the happiest witht he end result

sadly my pheno flowered forever

it originally was a wallyduck strain i believe

theres a crew called claymore i think that does em 2

claymore seeds do the inbed line i believe

other than that i think it wont be easy to find these days

also the webbed leafs where limited in flower

i found it reverted back to normal pot in flower

all the best

bil

Hi Kansasgrown.I`ve grown the Ducksfoot from Wallyduck.I found it to be disappointing in terms of flavor and potency.I believe the only reason it caught on was because of the different looking leaf structure.I still have some of the Ducksfoot seeds left,but don`t know what to do with them.I won`t grow them again,and loathe to send/give them to anyone,because I don`t think it`s worthwhile to grow.Caveat emptor...don`t get them from Wallyduck himself,order from a reputable seed site if you are determined to try them.

Peace

Its a shame to see those dissappointed , may i ask did you follow what i have written about growing ducksfoot? It sounds a bit like some grew them indoors and possibly in cooler climates where they dont fare very well , i would also have to ask where you got the seeds from, from me? , from a friend , or did you purchase them from where they are sold?

@ jedi hippie , not sure on the buyer beware business there , i made the seeds that are being sold at the reputable seed site, so how should the buyer beware?

@ bufo , ive seen your grows and troubles, in your case im betting it was grower fault , not everyone can grow great cannabis , sorry about that , perhaps you need to study more or something..

In case you didnt know, ducksfoot is a variety of cannabis that shows the webbed leaf trait ,, no one ever said its the only one, it is a recessive trait that cannabis shows , its been seen before , in fact if you read some marijuana botany youll see robert clarke has written some neat instructions on how to maintain a webbed leafed plant ,, and yes it was written before i saw ducksfoot.

You really have to read more bufo to take part in such discussions , its just not fair to you .

While ducksfoot does have webbed leafs, and im sure we have all watched typical pineal shaped leaf cannabis grow and flower, but i can walk you through it just incase you all forgot ,

first leafs after the cotyledons are usually singular and serated moving toward 3 fingered and then 5 fingered leafs .. often these first few leafs will be fatter than the mature growth leaf , thinning a little as the plant grows and matures, to a point where we see them reverting back to 5, 3 and then singular leafs which are thin, much thinner than the first few leafs the plant had in the beginning ..

so taking that into account ,, have another look at how ducksfoot grows ,, in the beginning the leaf is fatter and as it matures they thin out ,, they are still webbed leafs , just thinner and the webbing is further down toward the stalk of the leaf, these plants have always grown that way ,, that is how cannabis grows ,, im not sure what everyone imagined the leaf would do when the plant flowered, and im sorry if it doesnt live up to the expectations of a few .

Ive seen a few unfavourable reports on ducksfoot , most just didnt follow the instructions i posted , the rest of the reports were very good .. cant please all the people all the time .

Ive grown Aussie blue which I believe contains some duckfoot genetics. Some F2's I made reverted back to it. Aussie blue isn't a bad strain at all.

Your right riverrat aussie blue was a ducksfoot bluehaze cross , i sent some seeds to hgfs many years ago and they sent me some of theirs , i also made the same cross and had a lot of success growing it. Im not sure how there cross went, i never grew it , but tasted a sample grown by the breeders in amsterdam once, was pretty nice .

Given your location your probably in a better position than most to grow strains that have a high sativa component and will most likely get better results .

Its a shame to see those dissappointed , may i ask did you follow what i have written about growing ducksfoot? It sounds a bit like some grew them indoors and possibly in cooler climates where they dont fare very well , i would also have to ask where you got the seeds from, from me? , from a friend , or did you purchase them from where they are sold?

The only Ducksfoot I have grown was a cross of Ducksfoot x Blue Satellite. It was gifted by R_______l of mjoz. Despite you saying the webbed genes are recessive all the plants were webbed. They looked exactly like Duck pictures I have seen. These were a terrible smoke. Weak, unpleasant high with a shit taste as well. I actually grew them twice thinking maybe I had done something wrong the first time but I got the same result. they were grown indoors in a warm climate, however I've been around pot long enough to know crap genetics when i smoke them.

If Ducksfoot is so great how come for the past several years you have not sold seeds from this strain or crosses from it? You have exclusively sold c99 crosses. I have tried one of these and it was OK but I wont be in a rush to get anymore.

The only Ducksfoot I have grown was a cross of Ducksfoot x Blue Satellite. It was gifted by R_______l of mjoz. Despite you saying the webbed genes are recessive all the plants were webbed. They looked exactly like Duck pictures I have seen. These were a terrible smoke. Weak, unpleasant high with a shit taste as well. I actually grew them twice thinking maybe I had done something wrong the first time but I got the same result. they were grown indoors in a warm climate, however I've been around pot long enough to know crap genetics when i smoke them.

If Ducksfoot is so great how come for the past several years you have not sold seeds from this strain or crosses from it? You have exclusively sold c99 crosses. I have tried one of these and it was OK but I wont be in a rush to get anymore.

ahh ok ,, so it wasnt a saleable item, just a gift , and somehow you can blame the genetics i produced when it was a cross with something else and in fact a test cross to see how it went ,, amazing logic there ..

yes webbed traits are recessive , and yes you would have seen some webbed plants from the cross with blue satellite, indicating that there is a trait for webbed leaves in that variety also, kinda interesting from a study point of view ..

so you grew them indoors , a mainly equatorial sativa cross and did no good ,, nothing amazing there , i see it all the time , you should search the boards and check out folks trying to reproduce an equatorial climate indoors ,, it just doesnt happen man ,

the buds are never full, they never ripen properly , they taste crappy and leafy and honestly are a very poor representation of what occurs outdoors in tropical climates .

if you have a look i do still sell ducksfoot, there are no crosses of it available.

the c99 crosses were made several years ago , around 3 years or more , i made them so that i can grow in the winter where i live , they are more suited to that time of year, however they are useless during the monsoon season , hence the need for a tropical sativa like ducksfoot . it will cope with a huge amount of rain and wild weather, grows into a monster with huge resiny buds and ripens as the rainy weather abates perfect for what i need ..

Id say for your purposes , indoors , no pure sativa is going to be the right thing for you ,, correct me if im wrong?