1000kg bust at Two Wells

Guest Urbanhog
Apparently Mr Birmingham (the guy who wrote the .. Felafel book) has just published a guide to mj in Oz. Anyone read it ?

Yeah I heard about this from bacchus.... hey bacchus you got the book yet? what's its called? get it any book stores like angus & robinson's?? I am a bookworm. :D

Please help me and Gruntus! :o

cheers

Urbanhog lol

Guest bacchus

sorry guys, bit slow on the uptake.....

the book is called Dopeland by John Birmingham...for anyone who hasn't read my post about it, it's about his travels around oz, smoking dope and finding the best places to satisfy munchies....also contains information on legalities.....will be getting a copy soon...

bacchus

Hey gruntus,

For more info on Bob Trimbole, the head mafia guy, that arranged the Collombeally crop and the shooting of Donald Mackay. Check out the book "shadow of shame" by Bob Bottom. It is all about the assassination, not about the crop. But it is a good read about one of the most important Aussie MJ Historical events.

Some other good books about drug crime, From Mr Sin to Mr Big- by Desmond Manderson, and Big Shots : True Australian Crime Bosses. I forget who that one is by, the intro is by Bob Bottom.

Anyway, A really good guide to Australian Marijuan history has already been written. 'Marijuana Australis' by Jay Jay and Friends. Its short and concise, but good outline of what has gone on. Mainly political aspects but alot of cool cultural shit.

Anyway, The Birmingham book sounds good. I loved ' The Tasmanian Babes Fiasco' and 'He died with a felafel in his hand', and that 'How to be a man' book is some funny shit. But 'Leviathan' was boring as crap.

Im a bookworm too.

g'day;

For more info on Bob Trimbole, the head mafia guy, that arranged the Collombeally crop and the shooting of Donald Mackay

what shooting of Donald Mackay?

Donald Mackay dissappeared, he has never been found. it is likely that he is dead but no one has ever been charged in relation to his disappearance as far as i know.

Donald MacKay was murdered on July 15, 1977 for criticising organised crime figures making fortunes from the marijuana trade around his home town of Griffith. A $25,000 reward for information was offered one week after his murder. Bloodstains and three spent cartridges were found near MacKay's car at the Griffith Hotel.

www.melbournecrime.bizhosting.com for more ..